Eau du Soir (1990)

HouseSisley
PerfumerJeannine Mongin
PackagingBronislaw Krysztof

About Eau du Soir

Eau du Soir is a feminine perfume by Sisley. The scent was launched in 1990 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jeannine Mongin. The bottle was designed by Bronislaw Krysztof

Eau du Soir fragrance notes

Reviews of Eau du Soir

Mmmm! A mixed bag of notes, from all "walks of life". Citrus notes mixed with darker, old-style chypre tones. Lovely carnation here! The florals hover above the chypre notes of patchouli, oak moss, greenish juniper, and a toss of pepper mixed in... Notes here, move around, showing off their nuances and characteristics. But mostly, this is a chypre - a floral chypre. Later, labdanum really shines, with ylang ylang mixed into rose, not too far behind. I imagine this fragrance is more beautiful in cooler weather. EDS is classy, for lack of a better word.

It's a scent for grown-ups... I get a teeny bit of sweetness later on; from amber, or perhaps, musk. Even later, it develops a slight soap accord, in a good way. Notes blur to become even warmer and more mature... I get more bits of oak moss and juniper, as this wears on.
09th August, 2019
As a vintage Chypre fan and lover of cool green aldehydic fragrances, this is one of the few modern scents that I return to.The opening is very bright and sharp and a bit medicinal and I can see that some would find this off-putting but its totally my thing.Its fresh and clean and sparkling and initially quite strong but soon dries down to a woody,patchouli skin scent which is long-lasting.I don't get much floral apart from jasmine in the composition which I don't mind.I am sure there is Galbanum although its not listed in the notes.I am sure the current version does not now contain much real oakmoss and would love to smell the original formulation.
I love the bottle but wish the sculptural gold lid was at least metal rather than plastic.Suspect this was the case on earlier versions!
04th December, 2018
I admit that I subscribe to Sisley's monthly sample box and have received Eau du Soir a number of times over the past two years. It satisfies my itch to wear and try this again without a full bottle purchase. Deep and spicy and definitely not for the faint of heart. You need determination and a slight ego for the day to wear Eau du Soir.
21st November, 2018
Classic chypre. A very bitter floral with a vintage feel. Very good performances, but I wish it gave something, like powder or amber.
12th November, 2018

A weirdly irresistible chypre scent.EDS is a sexy fierce timeless vitage with a sense of femininity.a intriguing femme fatale in her sexy little black dress with deep hypnotic eyes.hair up wisps falling softly around her face.this fragrance can be dangerous,aggressive and vulgar.Classic,Daring, Earthy,Primal,Provocative,Deep,Sultry,Woody,Tempting, Instantly Recognizable and Strongly Animalic.

The opening is spicy with citruse notes,while floral hearts of carnation,iris,rose,labdandum and jasmine evokes sensuality.tempting patchouli,rich juniper and above all opulent oak moss enters a room with a sophisticated scent.it acts like a sensual love potion with a magical trail.it requires a sensual, tall,dark or brunette woman to wear this.for a confident woman who so attend to charm and seduceas it makes men turn their heads.

Sillage?Ok.

Longevity?Very Good on my skin.

7.5/10
29th June, 2016
Meh. It's adequate, but superfluous while Jean-Louis Scherrer still exists. Bought a 30ml because I'm a green chypre freak and want to try them all, and I'm wearing it semi-regularly, but frankly it's a chore, and I'm only choosing it because I want to finish the bottle, get that stupidly pretentious and ugly gold cap out of my house and return to the pure pleasure of wallowing in the real green chypres that it's imitating.

Not long now, Niki De Saint Phalle. There's only another 15ml to get through.
25th July, 2015

Add your review of Eau du Soir

Shop for Eau du Soir products online

Shop for Eau du Soir at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Eau du Soir

There are no member images of Eau du Soir yet. Why not be the first?