Sonia Rykiel (1997)

HouseSonia Rykiel
PerfumerRichard Ibanez
Parent CompanySelective Beauty > Selective Beauty Luxury division

About Sonia Rykiel

Sonia Rykiel is a feminine perfume by Sonia Rykiel. The scent was launched in 1997 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Richard Ibanez

Sonia Rykiel fragrance notes

Reviews of Sonia Rykiel

A nicely blended gourmet oriental that takes me to a cozy head space. I really must pull out my 50ml EdT bottle more often.
14th December, 2019
For all of the fruits and flowers listed in the top and middle notes, what I get mostly is caramel and molasses. The first whiff transports me to a beach boardwalk in summer, where the smells of caramel corn and molasses taffy mix with the salt air and suntan lotion. As the scent develops, hints of floral, fruit and spice notes come and go, but never remain for long enough to identify them specifically. In the drydown, the caramel makes way for vanilla without receding completely, and the flowers, fruits and spices still remain as ghostly hints, but the overall and lasting impression is fresh-cooked caramel.

Susan Irvine's "The Perfume Guide" classifies Sonia Rykiel as a "gourmand oriental," which to me is completely apt.
30th December, 2013
I recently found this perfume at Loehmann's at bargain price. Unfortunately it is so overpowering it almost caused an allergic reaction on me. I guess I am not a fan of oreintal perfumes. I will give it another try by spritzing it in the air and 'entering' the cloud formed
29th July, 2008
An absolute MUST HAVE in your perfume collection. In my opinion, this is the holy grail when it comes to oriental scents. Been wearing it since '97. 'nough said ;)
18th April, 2008
I Love it!! Is not as overwhelming and expensive as Angel and is really long lasting.
16th December, 2007
I do not smell the comparison to Angel..Angel is a wonderful fragrance in its own right, but Sonia Rykiel is amazing....I never understood why it was abruptly pulled from department stores. I recall it selling well.
22nd October, 2007

Add your review of Sonia Rykiel

Shop for Sonia Rykiel products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Sonia Rykiel

There are no member images of Sonia Rykiel yet. Why not be the first?