Sirène (1994)
by Vicky Tiel

Sirène information

Year of Launch1994

HouseVicky Tiel
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchParlux

About Sirène

Sirène is a feminine perfume by Vicky Tiel. The scent was launched in 1994

Reviews of Sirène

Sirene begins as a very pleasant, sweet blast of powdery rose and violet. A smoky musk comes into play as the top notes step into the background. Sirene seem to want to be a chypre, but keeps changing its mind. There's some interesting firepower that keeps this scent at work. A smoky woody element joins the musk, tempered by vanilla, in the drydown. To describe this as a outright floral doesn't seem to be on the mark, as the violet rose tapers off, continuing to dance around the musky vanilla/wood combination. It sticks around for quite a long time, and is nice.
Sirene might be one of those scents you might fabric-spray in order to keep the top notes going. But lightly!

Per the suggestions of other testers, I sprayed VERY sparingly. A 3.4 oz bottle will last forever. One of these days, which nobody else is home, I'll give Sirene three heavy-duty blasts and see where it goes. If the cat passes out, we'll know there's a problem.

I'm wondering why Sirene didn't seem to generate a lot of interest. The marketing department at Parlux or wherever may have dropped the ball. First, the juice is pink, and I mean seriously PINK. Secondly the bottle is somewhat garish. It has a dollar-store cheap look. Thirdly, its initial attack of violet and rose might've frightened some of the "Oh it's too strong!" non-perfume-wearing mass market folks at the mall. Sirene smells much better than its color and container might have you believe. If you see a FB for not much, it's definitely worth picking up.
01st May, 2021
Warning: Not for the faint of heart.

It opened up nicely but became overpowering quickly. As we say in Quebec, ça pue. Too strong,too sweet and the musk notes are overpowering,just too much in general. The musk notes seem off and there is something about the fragrance that is harsh. I don't know if I can give it a second try. I didn't get around to spraying in on paper or fabric, so useful for scents.
02nd January, 2019
I always have a bottle of this, in my collection. It is my "go-to" sweet to dark, powdery scent. It contains some of my favorite notes of rose, peony, and violet. I favor this on summer evenings.

A little goes a long way. Lingering sillage. Very girly-girl gift for Valentine's Day.
19th May, 2017
Sirene is a very competent, even lovely floral which defies its cost. It has a small, natural smokiness which likens it to Catalyst and Norell, two of my very favorites. The floral components are so nicely done here that the base notes are almost an afterthought- a complement to stretch the lifespan of the petals. A little out of place temporarily, but quality juice nonetheless.
11th September, 2016
Chameleon fragrance as noted by others previosly.I blind bought a half-filled spray bottle of this glorious juice. I absolutely LOVE it .Sirene smells like a one third Asja,two thirds Parfum Sacre edp blend with a bit of chocolate faintly in the drydown.Yum!
I may need to back up my bottle of this!
Highly Reccomend!
Hmm.. now that I'm home for the evening I my need to up the application from "polite level" to Total Marination!
29th January, 2013
I happened upon siren as a blind buy, had i known how beautiful the bottle was, i would have bought it anyway! this was sealed in a package, a relic of some sale item unopened. i was about knocked over upon my first application which was just a dab, as this was a mini. this one has strength! a truly potent specimin, as i sniffed my wrist i was unsure how i felt, juicy lovely peach, orange, rose, peony, a list of some of my favorite notes. with.....voilet. violet, how i do love you in the wild, but not as a subpar powdery influence in my perfumes. which was barely there.. but after ten minuites of evaporation, and puzzlement, i started getting whiffs of what smelled like alternately Laura Biagotti"s Venezia...? sigh.... and what... old, majestic, powerhouse poison? what is this strange creature on my wrist that transformes itself so, every other moment?! how very strange. on my next 40 minuite drive home with my husband, we smelled a slight almost chypre-ish quality at one point, and during the entirety as long as its not over applied, siren is a dazzling, multifaceted beauty. wearing this i love to turn around, catch my own scent, and be both puzzled, and excited by it. or catch a look of puzzlement behind me.. :-) i think this is a powerful fragrance, despite its seemingly bright cast, but softly juicy. the vanilla and woods emerge after about three hours on me to spread a soft, glow around me that opens up in our humid summer night air. it seems to be a little like Mitsouko in that it decides who it loves, and who it dosn't. It is strong, and needs to be applied with feminine skill, but Sirene leaves a trail that you want to follow!
07th September, 2012

Add your review of Sirène

Shop for Sirène products online

Shop for Sirène at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Vicky Tiel Sirene EAU de Parfum For Women

US • Current Price: USD 19.99.

Vicky Tiel Sirene Eau De Parfum Spray 3.4 oz

US • Buy it now: USD 16.99.

Member images of Sirène