Yvresse / Champagne (1993)
by Yves Saint Laurent

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > YSL Beaute
Parent Company at launchElf Aquitaine > Sanofi Beauté

About Yvresse / Champagne

Originally launched with the name "Champagne" until the Champagne makers got all uppity. It was renamed as Yvresse - a play on YSL's name.

Yvresse / Champagne fragrance notes

Reviews of Yvresse / Champagne

This what you wear on Christmas day if you want to piss everybody in the house off and ruin the turkey feast. Beware the last GWP was a fork to be stabbed in the eye with should you wear too much. Yep sillage from hell.
I always wondered what genius went from the notorious Champagne name to Yvresse, well done darling, clearly your finest hour!
09th October, 2020
Champagne starts off with a fizzy texture but it doesn't smell much like the wine; it's a creamy-soft, rosy fruity-floral that's more like having a glass of bubbly with a jumbo helping of Peach Melba and lychees.

****

Barrel shaped vintage mini
10th March, 2019
A very good friend just gifted me a vintage bottle of Champagne Parfum, and it is delightful.

I have not ever gotten my nose on any other formulas of this scent, so I cannot compare it to any others. This stays close to the skin, and is thankfully not loud nor brash.

I find it to be a clear melodic scent, with both depth and clear tone that cannot help but make me smile.

I'll write more later.
03rd February, 2018
This review is for the reformulated Yvresse from the "La Collection", in the chubby cube bottle.

Well, since it's impossible to not compare this to the fabulous original formula, here goes my dissection of this monster:

*Triple the Litchi
*Halve the Stone Fruits & Violet
*Remove Coconut, Amber, and Woods

This reform is so sweet it actually makes me queasy. It isn't even as good as the Champagne dupe "perfume oil" I bought in Mexico a decade ago. I would never wear this even if I wasn't closely acquainted with the original. Maybe if it was layered with a woody, nutty, amber base it would improve. But, why bother?
23rd October, 2017
Much admired by me when a friend wears the original Yvresse, not the La Collection, I can't bring myself to buy it. I won't, you know, the older I get, the less bombastic my fragrance loves are. Dear BAV was that femme fatale I fell in love with in the seventies and I don't wear it anymore. Sophia Grojsman, who authored Yvresse, made a very fine perfume, but the La Collection one is missing a link to the original, as I confirmed for myself today. It was unexpectedly at the YSL counter. I am lukewarm about Gabrielle, the new Chanel offering, but it's a fruity floral of today, so I'd put my money there.
22nd September, 2017
This is the happiest, brightest fragrance I own.

I don't usually go for fruity scents, but this one is like a freshly made fruit drink, juicy and happy and with white wine for refreshment. Effervescent, bubbly, sunny.

I smell this and it makes me smile.

It does evolve and show more complex facets, chypre that it is. But always bright and happy and juicy and like a sunny spring afternoon.

---

I own a bottle decanted from a tester when a local perfume store closed.

---

Update: It lasts really long. Always fruity and juicy, and not in a sickly sweet way. Oddly, it reminds me of a deeply fragrant pear. I enjoy it a lot.
08th November, 2016