Citron Citron (2000)

Year of Launch2000

HouseMiller Harris
PerfumerLyn Harris

About Citron Citron

Citron Citron is a shared / unisex perfume by Miller Harris. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lyn Harris

Citron Citron fragrance notes

Reviews of Citron Citron

This is probably the best citrus scent I own, and I've tried many of the most purely citrus scents and own several. I should say first I got my bottle (EDT) around 2007, so I don't know if it's been reformulated since then. On me it is extremely natural and fresh, and for a citrus it packs a punch; it does not just sit there but is vibrant and helps me feel happy and invigorated. I really like the citrus blend: I perceive mostly orange and lemon, with slightly less lime. I also get a marshmallowy note or what I imagine the essence of marshmallow root might be like. Its heart and base notes do seem to anchor it, though the citrus remains dominant throughout. To me it's not quite as smooth or refined as a Creed might be, and I'd probably put Eau Sauvage in that category (probably my #2 citrus), but it's like an everyman citrus, but its quality and balance make it shine. Sillage on me is much better than normal for a citrus scent, and longevity is good; I can still smell it after 9 hours but by now it's very close to the skin.
19th July, 2019
Ahree Show all reviews
Right, then. Well, this is quality juice. Other reviewers describe its herbal qualities much more eloquently than I ever could. So, suffice it to say that it smells really natural, fresh and well blended. Oddly, though, I think the citrus qualities are overstated. If you do want citron, then I recommend layering it with Malin + Goetz Citron Vert. The two play quite well with one another and both remain close to the skin. In my estimation, this is an ideal fragrance for those looking for something discrete but present and in good taste. The anti-cologne, if you will. Noticeable at close range for about five hours. Make the investment.
14th February, 2019
rbaker Show all reviews
A true citrus fest constitutes the opening here: lemon and orange primarily, fresh but on me this is not a full-on blast; it is more gently refreshing. Very nice.

From the citrus top notes it moves seamlessly into the herbal heart notes, where a minty component continues the fresh theme. Basil and whiffs of thyme come and go at this stage.

In the base the fresh side had receded into the background, and woodsy tones with a layer of cardamom dominating the picture.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and four hours of longevity on my skin.

This a finer summer scent. Very good citrus ingredients, with the base not as convincing in vividness as the other stages of its development. The bath and body care products are a delight of their own. 3.25/5.
06th March, 2018
sfmedusa Show all reviews
Delicious, almost edible citrus, followed by a layer of cardamom, moss and wood that warms up my skin wonderfully.

Once the citrus has passed it does get quieter and it could last longer too, but what it does have is so lovely that I would forgive it the failings in longevity and sillage.

If you don't fancy buying the scent I can also very much recommend the hand wash and hand lotion, which are lovely quality and perfume your hands for hours afterwards, leaving you inhaling the scent from your hands in a way that looks vaguely disconcerting to others.
11th March, 2016
Opens with harsh lemon that quickly mellows revealing a nice minty heart note with some cardamon. It's okay for the first 20 minutes or so but fades faster than a rain drop on a hot pavement leaving behind something that's perfectly respectable but barely perceptible.

It's far too weak and I don't think there has been enough attention paid to the middle and basenotes to sustain interest. Not worth the high price.
10th April, 2011
You want citrus, well then here you have it - wide-screen. Sumptuous, round, warm, yet fresh and bright. all very nice to my nose - others maybe not. Can get a bit to much after a while - like a faithful puppy dog following you round all day.
16th April, 2010

Add your review of Citron Citron

Shop for Citron Citron products online

Shop for Citron Citron at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Citron Citron

There are no member images of Citron Citron yet. Why not be the first?