Acqua di Giò pour Homme (1996)
by Giorgio Armani

Acqua di Giò pour Homme information

Year of Launch1996

HouseGiorgio Armani
PerfumerJacques Cavallier
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Acqua di Giò pour Homme

A light fresh fragrance. The male counterpart to Acqua di Gio for ladies. Ideal for the summer. This fragrance in recent years has been the number one best men's seller in the USA.

Acqua di Giò pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Acqua di Giò pour Homme

apsyhn Show all reviews
The first fragrance I ever bought a second bottle of. I was 19 and pretty uninformed. I was looking for an alternative to the Hugo I'd been wearing and the Polo/CKone everyone else was. I was lucky and picked this up duty-free in Italy the month it was released so I wasn't aware yet of how stupidly popular it would become.

I still like the scent, but for me, it's become a little stale. It became sooo ubiquitous. Even now, 15-20 years after it's height in popularity, it's instantly recognizable, which is good for Armani, bad for those who want a signature scent.
01st December, 2020
Acqua Di Gio EDT -

How I loathed this fragrance when it was new. For me, it was a victim of its own popularity as it was inescapably absolutely everywhere. School, the grocery store, the mall, the movies, everywhere!!

Now, revisiting this one almost 25 years later I can review it with a clear head and confidently say that I have now confirmed the source of my hatred for calone in fragrance. "Marine notes" just don't do it for me, especially when turned up to 11.

1 star out of respect for the popular imprint Acqua Di Gio has left on the long history of men's perfumery.
10th November, 2020
My adoration for Acqua di Gio is unapologetic and unconditional. This is my spouse’s signature scent, structured enough to be noticed yet not so overt it eclipses his underlying skin musk. His mid 1990s Silicon Valley casual style has given way to a mature beard and tailored shirts of the corporate world but AdG is still going strong. Buyers should look for semi-regular 40% off sales at Armani Beauty website with free basic ship over $70 USD purchase. This stretches your dollars in a tight economy and protects against counterfeits. Delivery times are reasonable.
26th September, 2020
This is an okay scent. Does not perform well with ladies in South India.

It's nice but I need a scent that ladies like such as A*Men, Armani Mania and Boss Bottled.

The deodorant is fine on its own with the ladies but the ladies in South India aren't receptive to me when I wear the EDT!
02nd September, 2019
Imagine four friends driving a convertible along Mediterranean coast. All young men wearing Ray-Ban glasses and freshly pressed light-coloured shirts. The evening wind brings salty smell and atmosphere of impatience. These guys just can´t wait to arrive at local disco, order some mojitos and hunt hot chicks.

I was really trying NOT to like this fragrance, as it´s associated with certain lifestyle. However it is simply a well-made fragrance. Very safe choice for summer evenings. The scent of fresh laundry, citruses and sea air always puts me in to casual mood instantly.
23rd June, 2019
It may not be astounding or incredibly inventive, but AdG is pleasant and wholly inoffensive. Fresh, marine, and clean without being soapy. It makes an easy day to day scent, and it's no wonder it's the only thing I wore during a month-long bout of depression when I couldn't be bothered with anything else. That said, now that I'm feeling better and actually taking a closer look at it, I do have issues with the longevity. Today I wore it on my wrists and neck. After 3 hours it was completely gone from my wrists and barely hanging onto my neck. That to me is a shame, since it has a lot else going for it.
14th June, 2019