Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca (1999)
by Guerlain

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca information

Year of Launch1999

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerMathilde Laurent
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Herba Fresca is part of Guerlain's "Aqua Allegoria" fragrance collection. Although aimed at women, some of the fragrances in the range can be considered unisex. The range are designed to be reminiscent of garden walks. They are light like colognes but are longer lasting like an EDT.

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca fragrance notes

Reviews of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

I have to unfortunately agree with Dane's review here - this is a mint fragrance with a strong synthetic white musk note that's prominent right from the beginning and sustains itself throughout. There are some green notes besides the mint, but it's all about the musk. I like white musk bases, they last on my skin while radiating off it, but this is too sharp and synthetic. I would not have guessed this to be a Guerlain in a blind test. I find Miller Harris' Tea Tonique to be a much more refined fragrance in this vein, with less of the mint. If it's mint you are after, it's worth it to splurge for Menthe Fraiche or even Geranium pour Monsieur.

13th July, 2021
TLDR:Good (3.1/5). A great choice for hot days when you want to spend a little time with a cooling mint scent.

The successful non-dental integration of mint into fragrance is, I think, an under-appreciated skill and here, as with some of her other work (Cartier Oud & Menthe and, arguably, Roadster), Mathilde Laurent shows her great craftsmanship with this tricky component.

Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca reminds me of a specific type of Moroccan-style tea shop that can be an oasis on a brutally hot day. There are flowers adding color and their fragrance to the small room. Fresh cut lemons are also contributing their zest to the atmosphere. But the dominant smell is the mint tea that the place is making and serving. That is the impression I get from this scent.

As Knit At Nite notes below, this is a scent for hot days. I appreciate that the citrus here is minimal and that the fragrance is light and refreshing. I often feel like I get stuck in a citrus cologne rut during extended periods of intensely hot, humid weather. This fragrance, along with Shishedo's Zen For Men and F. Malle's Geranium Pour Monsieur are great ways to break the citrus up by adding other smells in such conditions. But unlike the other two mentioned scents, AA Herba Fresca never gets heavy, even on 45°+ (114°+ F) days.

Of course, a consequence of this lightness is poor performance. However, this issue can be addressed with a travel atomizer and reapplications. In extreme heat, you come to the realization that this aspect of these types of very light EdC products is a feature and not a bug--the cooling effects of the evaporation of an alcohol based product on hot skin is a welcome relief on scorching days.

As to ancillary matters,the version of the bee bottle that Guerlain uses for this Aqua Allegoria range is very nice. I like the golden metal honeycomb added in place of the traditional bees.

I have come to the conclusion that many reviewers simply dislike aspects of mint in fragrances. I am not one of these folks. Well integrated mint is, for me, a joy in fragrances and so I like this scent very much. Thumbs up.
23rd April, 2021

Like a lazy walk on a chill late afternoon in an enchanted forest. leaves under your feet,remants of morning dew drops glistening on the grass while a shy sitting sun is prepping through the rich foliage.an delightful,soft, aromatic,ethereal,refreshing scent that evokes pleasant sensations and thoughts.juicy citrusy opening.then cold mint with edgy green tea in the dry down,that can be worn by women and men.the soothing aroma of green tea is truly enchanting and the cool freshness of mint and citrus-invigorating.the mint is true and natural,like a real mint leaf;rather than synthetic and toothoasty.decent sillage and good longevity.
26th January, 2021
Had EDT in small bottle, nice fresh open, then fades away quickly, by 2 hours I get nothing, even with strong dose. Too high maintenance for me, and not scented to my nose to try perfume worthwhile.
07th October, 2020
Gross. Mint over a blindingly-strong soapy musk.
15th May, 2019
Very beautiful, fresh green scent that paints the picture of sauntering in a lush garden.

This "fresh herb" fragrance is a delightful romp into natural, invigorating green leaf and floral notes touched with lemon in the opening. Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca by Guerlain is minty, breezy, and crisp while it lasts (not too long on my skin, alas :-/ ).

Other than the longevity issue, I am quite moved by this Aqua Allegoria edition.
22nd September, 2018

Add your review of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca products online

Shop for Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca

There are no member images of Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]