Arabie (2000)

HouseSerge Lutens
PerfumerChristopher Sheldrake
Parent CompanyShiseido

About Arabie

Arabie is a shared / unisex perfume by Serge Lutens. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Christopher Sheldrake

Reviews of Arabie

I’m a die-hard floral, green and woody person but I keep a bottle of this in my top drawer. I rarely wear it - I just love to smell it. All those yummy spices and dried fruit scents transport me immediately to a North African market. I can feel the hot sun, see the market vendors, and taste the Tagine dishes. I don’t want to smell like a Moroccan market but I really enjoy the ride!
24th August, 2020
Tried this as it's supposed to be similar to Zoologist's Camel which I love, only much cheaper. There's definitely some similarities, but they also differ in some interesting ways. First is the spices. At first sniff I was taken aback by the clove and bay leaf. But they quickly settle into something mouthwatering and evocative of the holidays, like an Arabian Christmas. It also has no animalic notes, which for me I can go either way.

Neither this nor Camel lasts SUPER long. This projected on skin for only two hours, but stuck to clothing much longer. Still, Arabie is pungent and lovely with great sillage. Definitely worth it if you're ok getting whiffs primarily from your shirt.
07th September, 2019 (last edited: 29th January, 2020)
Heavy holiday spice bomb, huge plume of heavy licorice for a good 10 minutes before it parted the waves for a huge dreadnaught of candied peel, the intensely dry clove, cinnamon, and resinous myrrh notes.

The scent of mincemeat and Christmas cakes in the UK. Same notes are common in spiced figs, of which there is a lovely recipe on from River Cottage. Also reminds me of mulled wine and German smokers with softly billowing holiday incense rising from their mouths or tops.

Extremely long lasting, shockingly long lasting. Very little is required for maximum silage, use with caution. I love it.
25th August, 2019
Dried fruits, resins, syrupy sweetness.

Overall very nice although not quite my style. From the first 10 minutes you think It's going to be a beast but it settles down to a strong skin scent within the hour.

6.5/10
25th May, 2019
Classic Serge Lutens. . . fantasy concept, executed with style and panache. . . what’s not to love? As always, you’ll want to start with older stock. A solid investment for any fragrance fan. A perfectly warm, sweet, spicy fragrance, more Christmas morning than anything specifically Arabic, but why bicker about nomenclature? It’s lovely, distinctive, creative stuff. Extremely enjoyable. Not quite office-wear friendly. Otherwise safe, and lots of fun.
09th December, 2018
Massive deluge of candied orange, dried figs, and dates. The head reels from this spiced musical. Nutmeg, clove, balsamic tones, resins - all continue to make my head spin. I adore this spice-bomb!

A hint of cumin and Tonka here are utterly delightful. I'm not a major fan of cumin unless it is well-blended or even hidden, amongst other notes.

Benzoin and myrrh create a smoky incense accord. There is an animalic, almost barnyard note underneath. Cedar and sandalwood, later. Arabie becomes a bit smokier with the incense vibe still lingering on hours later. A very rich, deep perfume.
08th December, 2018

Add your review of Arabie

Shop for Arabie products online

Shop for Arabie at online perfumeries

Search on eBay