Baie de Genièvre (1982)

Year of Launch1982

HouseCreed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Baie de Genièvre

Baie de Genièvre is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1982

Baie de Genièvre fragrance notes

Reviews of Baie de Genièvre

Wonderful blend of spice, accept my skin pulls too much clove. Masterly blended, good longevity for a Creed, and decent silage, again, for a Creed.

I only wish the clove would calm down, but YMMV.

07th March, 2020
I have several vaulted Creeds and this one is a favorite.

I love a cinnamon note and this has a great one.

To me it wears like a regal version of Old Spice. Not that it smells like Old Spice per se, but has the same sort of personality. Was Creed trying to chanel Old Spice when they created this? I don't know but maybe.

Not the usual "barbershop" vibe but kind of just had a haircut scent.

A shame it's been vaulted but I can see where some of the modern trends left this one in the dust. No one under 35 could probably deal with this.

But it is a nice wear. Several hours of spicey, manly goodness.
12th November, 2018
Very nice showcase of juniper berry, which some may consider dated (it came out in 1982).

Creed's Baie de Genièvre feels like a gin martini right from the start! Peppery, spicy from cloves and dusty sweet cinnamon, and helped along by mossy dry green vetiver...and touched by a tasteful dose of Creed's ambergris to warm things up.

Rich, deep, well-made and with a retro feel that echoes its original era. As a 40-something man, I can appreciate Baie de Genièvre's masculine, mature, fresh quality construction with few parallels to today's typical pop fragrances.

19th September, 2018
One of the most masculine frags out there. Super clean, with a lovely juniper berry note and clove. A true Barbershop scent, and the best Creed scent I've tried so far.
28th May, 2018
One of the few perfumes that Creed has a lot of reasons to be proud about, so it's no wonder it's been 'vaulted' (Creed's fancy-pants synonym for discontinuation). Baie de Genievre is a simple (not simplistic) fragrance that has a great idea and a top notch execution. Juniper berries come together with cinnamon and cloves to create a warm barbershop vibe, laid down over a base of vetiver and ambergris. There is adequate separation of notes, a rarefied feel, and this smells much more natural than most of the modern Creeds. I find sillage to be a little muted, but duration is excellent and lasts through a day at work.

Baie de Genievre brings to mind bespoke suits, and the warm ambience created by playing Lester Young LPs at home in the after hours. An unsolicited advice: best if you can avoid the silly prices, you'd rather want to get those LPs instead.

3.5/5

Edit/Update (May 5, 2019): This isn't good, this is great! The more I wear it the more I like it. There is a very refined warm-fresh sparkling aura in the dry down, and I was wrong on the sillage. It surprisingly comes back many hours after application, and the dry down is excellent.

25th January, 2018 (last edited: 02nd May, 2019)
Stardate 20161114:

A typical barbershop. Like Worth PH HC and PRPH.
One of the better ones from Creed and does not have that Creed synthetic drydown that most fanbois love.
I would recommend it but only if the price is right (<$1/ml).

14th November, 2016

Add your review of Baie de Genièvre

Shop for Baie de Genièvre products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Baie de Genièvre

There are no member images of Baie de Genièvre yet. Why not be the first?