Bijan for Men (1981)
by Bijan

Bijan for Men information

Year of Launch1981

HouseBijan
Parent CompanyQuality King Distributors > Perfumania Holdings > Five Star Fragrances
Parent Company at launchBijan

About Bijan for Men

Bijan for Men is a masculine fragrance by Bijan. The scent was launched in 1981

Bijan for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Bijan for Men

I got a good deal on a vintage bottle (short ingredients list), and the opening is a stunner - I love it! My initial reaction is a dream escape to the height of early 80s luxury and masculine charm. I'm swept away by the beauty, and find myself laughing. It's a little hot spicy, like the spicy note in Patou Pour Homme, but it has even more in common with Versace L'Homme, which I like, the same kind of powdery, patchouli-driven accord.

Bijan Men settles fairly quickly to a polite, restrained fragrance on my skin. I get more strength from Versace L'Homme, which somehow manages to rev up as it goes along (with help from vanilla). With Bijan Men, it settles almost too quickly when I want some of the colorfulness of the opening to go on for longer. However, this probably makes Bijan Men the better version to wear to the office.

Where Versace L'Homme uses vanilla, and blooms as it develops, Bijan Men has a note that's almost like a chocolate-y leather, with a dash of spice, but it's a subtle thing I have to sniff up close to smell. Overall, I think it works fantastically well and that it will easily make its way in my rotation.
27th May, 2020
This is a cross between Chanel Pour Monsieur and Lauder for Men, but I'm not sure of the vintage of my bottle so YMMV.

Loud opening, and "classic" or "dated", though not powdery. Monster projection for an hour or less until it draws near. Then maybe a 3ft scent bubble.

Even while clearing land and burning brush, I could smell this 8-9 hours later.

I prefer Lauder for Men, but I'll take Bijan for Men over Chanel Pour Monsieur. 6.5-7.0/10

02nd January, 2020
From what I had read about this, I was expecting a much stronger, more potent fragrance than the one I experienced. I have just bought a bottle of this (influenced by Basenotes reviewers) and was somewhat underwhelmed. I enjoy the fragrance, a lot, but it seems rather weak on me. Maybe the reviews I read were referring to an earlier version, maybe It's me.

On smelling strip the fragrance is quite strong, and lasts, a long time. Starting with an almost Fougere opening of Bergamot and, possibly, Lavender it segues into a more spicy (Nutmeg and Clove). The dry bitterness of salicylates getting stronger all the time. Eventually it dries down to Musk, Moss, Salicylate and Clove. Most enjoyable.

Actually, what the dry down remind me of is Youth Dew.

On me, after an hour or so I can barely smell it. Shame.

I give it "thumbs up" because of its performance on smelling strip. Evaluating, just on me, it would get a neutral.
04th October, 2019
Spice and woods abound here. Be warned:
Bijan is gutsy, potent and elegant if applied as follows: one light spray in the air and a quick walk through. That's it. If applied correctly expect complements. If over applied I will not be held responsible for your demise or banishment from planet earth.
30th April, 2019
If I were to give Bijan for Men a one-word description it would be "piquant." In the classic meaning of the term. That is, arousing but not necessarily pleasantly arousing. With a certain level of irritation. But in a good way. At least to me.

Today our Millennial friends are being taught that the gravest sin a person can commit is to offend someone else. This comes from a time before that.

Bijan is one of my top three fragrances because it's just so interesting. It has so many aspects and each one seems to tickle my nose and make me want to take another sniff.

I would say it isn't in the slightest bit "pleasant" but it's completely compelling. It pulls you toward it and pushes you away simultaneously, creating a certain tension that never resolves but keeps you coming back for more. And that is the essence of seduction.
26th April, 2019
I haven't had Bijan for Men in a long time.But I remember what this smelled like and even my nose recalled it so to me...no complaints about it being currently under Five Star Fragrances.It even still cranks out the 2 sprays delivering 10-12 hours of good projection.I'm not going to ride on the claim that this watered down.Because when first started wearing Bijan it lasted 16 hours and my skin and nose adapted to it? ended up being 12 hours and not overwhelmingly heady.This does have a great sprayer though so a thumbs up to that on a cheap fragrance.

This is a fragrance built from a resinous body of honey,spice,and a little amber and poured into a bowl of ingredients.You don't know what's in the bowl yet aside from this thick,sweet,and spicy base.Stir it a little and it reveals a lot of oakmoss teamed up with some patchouli.Tones of myrrh incense in there that seem to accent with the amber quite beautifully.Stir a little more and you'll find a light but noticeable amount of carnation and sandalwood.I never got musk from this fragrance back then and currently...it's the aged patchouli doing the talking.

I would put Bijan for Men into a group with other fragrances of the 70's style that were sweet and resinous with patchouli filtering through it like Yatagan by Caron,Pierre Cardin Pour Monsieur,and Givenchy Gentleman.Very middle eastern feeling but really erotic through incense,patchouli,and spicy resin with an oakmoss edge...it's very distracting.Bijan for Men I think is a good casual,date night,or office wear fragrance.Office wear I mean you don't wear a suit and meet clients or interface with the general public for a duration.This is a bit too forward and aggressive in it's sensuality to hold a professional approach.Only reason I could think of that it isn't as popular as Joop! Homme as a sensual fragrance is maybe it's dirty and more new-age in it's style.

28th April, 2018 (last edited: 14th July, 2018)

Add your review of Bijan for Men

Shop for Bijan for Men products online

Shop for Bijan for Men at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Bijan for Men

There are no member images of Bijan for Men yet. Why not be the first?