Boss Bottled (1998)

HouseHugo Boss
PerfumerAnnick Menardo
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > Eurocos

About Boss Bottled

The most recent signature fragrance from Hugo Boss. Not to be confused with 'Boss Number One', as before this Boss was introduced, Number One was simply called 'Boss'. Well I'm confused anyway.

This fragrance is often refered to as 'Boss Bottled', 'Grey Boss' and 'Boss Number Six'

Boss Bottled fragrance notes

Reviews of Boss Bottled

alexmate Show all reviews
I've owned a few bottles off this. Mainly a really noticeable green apple note on first spray which lasts. Drys down into a woody, slightly spicy base to stop it being too sweet. This is a good wearable fragrance, but I've rated it neutral as I think it's been reformulated and made weaker, and I won't buy it again.
23rd June, 2020
Peppery citrus and spicy apple pie.

Carded sample, dated 4 years BCv (Before Coronavirus)
25th April, 2020
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the smell of this classic fragrance, but trust me...go for the intense version, this is pretty much a watered down version of it.

Apart from that, massive compliment getter, extremely pleasant fragrance.

I've been using it since I was 8 years old, as I wanted to copy my older brother, which I thank very much for this timeless gem!
31st March, 2020
A somewhat simple-smelling composition, with a fruity-spicy opening, apples with mild cinnamon, on a woodsy vanilla base. Nice, but lacking any depth, direction or development; close sillage and moderate persistence. I'm reminded of Spice and Wood as being in the same ballpark but much better, though horribly overpriced. I'm attributing this partial letdown to what I imagine would have been the budget of Boss, rather than Annick Menardo.

2.5/5
21st November, 2019
I rarely reach for this one but every time I do, I question myself why I don't wear it more often.

It's a perfect office scent for me.
A classic and classy vanilla beast.

Appeals to both sex's. Perfectly safe and inoffensive for the office.

I will test it out more often this Spring, I think it'll be a steady compliment getter too while out in casual wear..

YT: Aussie Fragrance
23rd September, 2019
I wore this fragrance a lot in the late 90’s.

I would classify it as a fruity aquatic with a woody drydown.

The apple & cinnamon notes stand out at the beginning creating a clean masculine impression; later on the vetiver & woody notes take over and finish off the experience.

Good longevity although it invites to a be re-sprayed after 3 hours.

03rd February, 2019

Add your review of Boss Bottled

Shop for Boss Bottled products online

Shop for Boss Bottled at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Boss Bottled

There are no member images of Boss Bottled yet. Why not be the first?