Chamade pour Homme (1999)
by Guerlain

Chamade pour Homme information

Year of Launch1999
AvailabilityIn Production / Limited Edition

HouseGuerlain
PerfumerJean Paul Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Chamade pour Homme

Chamade pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Paul Guerlain

Chamade pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Chamade pour Homme

Stardate 20190729:

I like Coriolan and so I like Chamade PH. I find it a bit better (more complex) than L’Ame d’un Héros.
In the end all three are similar and unless you are a collector, stick to the original - it is cheaper and best of them all.
29th July, 2019
Great spicy EdP from Guerlain that smells VERY close to Coriolan (also from Guerlain).

Hyacinth and violet dominate in Chamade pour Homme, entering in after a wonderful peppery-bergamot intro. Vetiver and leather comes through fairly prominently afterwards. Nutmeg has its airy spiciness come through, ending with a warm, subtle woods.

It's a well-made scent that elicits a sense of luxury and ease whenever I smell it. Expensive son-of-a-gun online! :-o
11th December, 2018
Suppose you want to smell sophisticated, elegant, and French. What would your first choice be? Chamade Pour Homme presents itself at the front of the line. It’s so fine, so shockingly artistic, in the rarest of male-marketed fragrance genres — a masculine floral — it’s like stumbling through the fragrance looking glass. In the back of your mind you know that once upon a time there was a fragrant time and place where stuff like this was cause for celebration. Well surprise, it still is, especially among discerning fragrance aficionados. If you find it, jump on it ASAP, before it’s discontinued or reformulated. The current wood-framed edition is superb.
24th March, 2018 (last edited: 29th March, 2018)
Spicy and smooth, Chamade Pour Homme reminds me a great deal of Bel Ami without the heaviness of the latter. It is after all a Guerlain.

The nutmeg may be accompanied by a bit of unidentified cinnamon, as the spice effect is sweet rather than bitter. There is a bit of Oud in the "precious woods," for this re-release, but not enough to turn me off to it.

My nose does not detect the floral note of hyacinth, which surprises me, as it is one of my very favorite florals and I surround myself with the flowering plants every spring. Identifiable to me or not, the floral sweetness combines well with the spice notes.

An excellent masculine, not outstanding in any way, but perfectly decent. One wonders why it had to re-use the classic "Chamade" tag, and not just stand on its own. Worth a sniff.
22nd October, 2017
rbaker Show all reviews
The lovely and crispy bergamot in the opening is given a touch of spiciness that consists of a gentle peppery notes, a gentle black pepper that is. Restrained crispness is the appropriate comment here.

The drydown turns floral, and violet with added violet leaf are in the foreground. Hyacinth and a whif of geranium are also present, the former more so than the latter.

The base looses the florals fast, replacing them with woods and leather. The leather is not exciting at all; neither a smooth new Italian nappa leather nor a gasoline fuelled harsh tannin impression. The wood is pleasant, but a bit non-distinct.

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection and ten hours of longevity.

Compared with Coriolan, it has less lemon input to the top notes, is more floral in the middle, lacks the absinthe booziness and is less crisp in the base. On me Chamade pour homme is more subdued and less spright in colour.

A pleasant scent for cooler summer days. 3/5.
07th February, 2017
Certain fragrances exert a siren call upon me as spring rounds the bend – Guerlain’s Chamade, Tauer’s Zeta and Sisley’s Eau de Campagne. Chamade pour Homme has recently joined those ranks, a perfume that infused my being with a desire to grab a bottle the moment I sniffed it. I held out for half a year, but each subsequent encounter just confirmed this as a must have.
Chamade pour Homme’s main premise is bold and straightforward – an upfront, garden fresh hyacinth note juxtaposed against a classy (and classic) barbershop ensemble. But my goodness, it works some magic; it is such a confident and invigorating scent, confirming Jean-Paul Guerlain’s genius at creating floral prominent perfumes that fit easily within traditional ‘masculines’.
I suspect noses more attuned to the barbershop aspects may not find anything all that special about Chamade pour Homme as they will hone in on the fairly traditional violet leaf, pepper and clean vetiver backing, with a generous dose of foliage greens. But it’s that hyacinth – heady, unctuous and yet dewy fresh – that’s the sparkling gem set against this backdrop that lifts CpH to the ranks of the extraordinary, the difference between crystal and glass.
Spray generously and luxuriate.
15th March, 2015