Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée (1989)
by Chanel

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée information

Year of Launch1989
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseChanel
PerfumerJacques Polge
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

A longer lasting interpretation of the original Chanel Pour Monsieur. It has fresher notes and deepened base notes.

Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée fragrance notes

Reviews of Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentrée

Very light, bright, sparkly and citrus. Very pleasant but not much depth or substance. Effervescent.
17th September, 2019
Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree is often compared with another Polge creation for Tiffany & Co. called "Tiffany for Men". They are indeed very similar fragrances but I find Pour Monsieur Concentree to be much more enjoyable and satisfying to wear.

Pour Monsieur Concentree takes on the theme of Pour Monsieur and adds a lot to it. The Concentree has all of the elements of Pour Monsieur and then some, and it is apparent that Polge wanted to update the original with a modern Chanel twist.

Indeed, this scent is quite perfect for a formal setting. Something about both Pour Monsieur and Pour Monsieur Concentree evoke a restrained elegance, though Concentree makes itself known when wearing it. I have the vintage Pour Monsieur Concentree and it is much nicer than the current version, which is called Pour Monsieur Eau de Parfum.

If you enjoy Tiffany for Men I think you will enjoy Pour Monsieur Concentree, though I'm not sure fans of the more restrained Pour Monsieur Concentree will enjoy the Tiffany, which tends to wear very sweet and loud.
10th January, 2019
Yves Montand
08th March, 2018
Very earthy, animalic scent that I can't stop sniffing!

CpMC is a classy blend of spices and wood that is musky but not overbearing. The top notes give way quickly to the spicy heart (cardamom and nutmeg - tasty!) that is anchored in the vanilla, oakmoss, and vetiver. Clean and masculine, great for formal wear.
10th December, 2016
In rating this fragrance, it's hard not to bear in mind Luca Turin's respective reviews of CPM and CPM concentre (as was then); and whether the concentre is the same as the contemporary parfum, or what - there seems to be no consensus on this on these or any other pages.

Assuming a strong fraternity between the concentre and the parfum, it's difficult to come to terms with Turin's one-star review, when the EDT receives the full five. My view is that the stronger version is still worthy of say four stars (and a thumbs up here).

From the EDT, I get an immediate, pervasive, and disconcertingly accurate version of Pledge (or furniture polish, for you non-Brits). However, over time it dries down to a superb rendition of dry, crisp woods that suit my taste exactly.

The EDP / Concentre performs on me in a more linear fashion, immediately front-loading those components that are meant to 'strengthen' or 'concentrate' the blend. That means, not least, that a dose of vanilla is there from the very beginning and I imagine for some would mean a rather choked or heavy effect. However, the flip-side is that no one will ever mistake this for any kind of household cleaning product. The end result is of a pleasant, full, and smooth scent that doesn't develop much and is of high quality but hard to love. I also find that the EDP is not, for me, a great choice for casual wear, but good for work or formal situations.

I'll happily get the use out of the bottle but the payoff is that I want to explore the EDT version in much more detail.
08th May, 2016
Great old style frag. Citrus top vanilla drydown. Not unlike Eau Sauvage. Has more spices and animalic element (I have vintage 1989 version) . Great longevity.
22nd December, 2015