Curve for Men (1996)

HouseLiz Claiborne
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchClaiborne Cosmetics

About Curve for Men

A fresh fragrance by Liz Claiborne, It's light enough to be used everyday but is just as suitable for evening wear.

Reviews of Curve for Men

90s frags

Meh. Its sweet aromatic in a 90s way. Its nice. I just dont care about it much one way or another. Missing some personality. Neutral.
08th November, 2020
I wore Curve in high school as well as many of people so it does bring back fond memories. To this day i still always have some amongst my collection. Its just a very pleasent, light, crisp and clean scent. Perfect for running to the store or after hopping out of a shower before lying in bed. Great classic frag
04th July, 2019
Oh hell no.
11th February, 2019
As some have said, Curve for Men is a budget version of Creed's Green Irish Tweed: Green, bright, and nearing a sort of understated legendary status, IMO.

Curve for Men has ended up being the foundation for a large number of flankers, several of which I have tried and have enjoyed (i.e. Liz Claiborne Curve Black / Crush / Soul). It is a suitable source for these, as it has a solid, flexible base from which to experiment on.

To categorize the original, it's an aromatic, fresh spicy, woody, citrus, sweet, green scent. Curve for Men is indeed a compliment-getter, which may explain why, despite its lowered price in recent years, it has a faithful number of wearers.

I find it to be multi-layered, pleasant, and long-lasting. It has a friendly aromatic sensation to it, traveling between citrus and sweet and woody and floral in a memorable way. Although I have many, many high-priced classics in my collection, I give props to Curve for Men for offering a high-end experience and for being widely available either at higher-end stores like Macy's to discount places like TJ Maxx.

28th August, 2018
Gold Hot Rod Tweed says
Ye must be Claiborne again.
Liquid nostalgia.
06th June, 2018
This is a review for the current EA reformulation.

This starts out with a very loud, synthetic, fruity/green opening. To some it might be like stilettos being jammed up your nose. But the opening overall is a pleasant scent.

It dries down to a skin scent in like an hour.
The vintage had decent-to-strong projection. I remember it drying down into this very musky, synthetic smell. I myself wasn't a fan of this part of it, but I'm in the minority on that one.
The current one dries down is subtle, and doesn't have that musk. It really is a shadow of it's formal self. But that's okay if you think the original was too strong and musky. It's not like the dry down on this gets rough or dirty.
For the type of scent people view it as: starter fragrance, teenager, etc, it's great. It's a sexy smell, and when I wore the original I got compliments.

SIMILAR TO:
Luck You. But this one had a weaker, but better smelling dry down. Luck You smells like burnt plastic or rubber in the middle. Not cool.

Also, this feels like the younger brother of CK Eternity. It's got the same vibe, a fresh, synthetic green opening, then a musky, soft dry down. At least the vintage did.

CONCLUSION:
It's a classic in my opinion. Yeah, it's synthetic but it smells nice.
It has some baggage considering it's age, it being sold in every single discounter, pharmacy, and retailer, and it's cheap price tag.
But it's a solid fragrance.
I'd give it a thumbs up, but considering that this once had very good projection and longevity, but no longer does, it only gets a neutral.
29th May, 2018 (last edited: 04th June, 2018)

Add your review of Curve for Men