Dune pour Homme (1997)

PerfumerOlivier Cresp
PackagingChristian Gadras
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dune pour Homme

Launched in 1997 by Dior as a partner for the feminine Dune. The fragrance opens with a hif of fig notes and dries down to fig tree wood.

Dune pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dune pour Homme

An initial overwhelming blast of green notes quickly matures in to an amazing light, fresh and faintly floral aura - itís definitely not overpowering and outside of summer itís barely noticeable. Great to have found something so fresh but without the citrus everyone else is wearing. Itís in a similar ballpark to Sel Marin but cleaner without the seaweed notes and more floral. Maybe itís not that Ďinterestingí but sometimes (in summer when itís hot) you donít want too much depth and development, just something fresh, simple and (relatively) unique. Amazing that this fragrance is middle-aged now! It definitely stands the test of time and in no way smells dated - quite the opposite.
07th May, 2021
I want to like this because I have acquired a nice-looking bottle of it, and I tend to like Dior fragrances, but Dune Pour Homme has just been ok, and cloying at times, especially early on. I don't quite like it. But I find it interesting, and I plan to keep it in deep storage for a few years to try it again later.

I get a vague association with / similar synthetic vibe from Rive Gauche Pour Homme.

I find Dune Pour Homme nicer after an hour of development, but the opening has been ruining the fun.
21st April, 2021
This one is difficult to describe-- I do like it, but it gets lost with all the other frags that I love more.
This gets high marks for smelling natural and not "cheap" like most other aquatics. I actually get a lot of hay in this one, even though not listed. It's a very good beach scent, and I think it deserves more attention.
04th June, 2019
A very bitter opening that goes woody, musky and spicy. It's not bad, but nothing special.
07th September, 2017
It's not too bad. A lot of fig in this one, if that's your thing. I don't find it to be too memorable for me personally, although I do see Dune fitting in nicely while walking along a beach or boardwalk in the summer. It has a coastal wear quality to it, but missing something; perhaps its subtlety was deliberate, I donít know.

Plus, Deauville by Michel Germain, My Ocean by Club Med, Declaration L'Eau, et. al. seem to be better scents in the same vein as Dune that does a better job evoking that seaside experience. You decide. ;^>
17th March, 2017
I used and entire bottle of this I got as present long long time ago but never really enjoyed it fully :S
21st May, 2016