Dune pour Homme (1997)

PerfumerOlivier Cresp
PackagingChristian Gadras
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Dune pour Homme

Launched in 1997 by Dior as a partner for the feminine Dune. The fragrance opens with a hif of fig notes and dries down to fig tree wood.

Dune pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Dune pour Homme

This one is difficult to describe-- I do like it, but it gets lost with all the other frags that I love more.
This gets high marks for smelling natural and not "cheap" like most other aquatics. I actually get a lot of hay in this one, even though not listed. It's a very good beach scent, and I think it deserves more attention.
04th June, 2019
A very bitter opening that goes woody, musky and spicy. It's not bad, but nothing special.
07th September, 2017
It's not too bad. A lot of fig in this one, if that's your thing. I don't find it to be too memorable for me personally, although I do see Dune fitting in nicely while walking along a beach or boardwalk in the summer. It has a coastal wear quality to it, but missing something; perhaps its subtlety was deliberate, I donít know.

Plus, Deauville by Michel Germain, My Ocean by Club Med, Declaration L'Eau, et. al. seem to be better scents in the same vein as Dune that does a better job evoking that seaside experience. You decide. ;^>
17th March, 2017
I used and entire bottle of this I got as present long long time ago but never really enjoyed it fully :S
21st May, 2016
A bitter green acquatic woody.

This is decidedly, for my nose, generic to the nth degree. It smells like hundreds of other acquatic woodies on the market, thin, watery, without any character, with an underlying harshness that makes it very off-putting indeed.

I hated the original Dune. I don't like this flanker either. By the way neither has any relation to the other. The original Dune reminded me of "wet dog," the Dune Pour Homme reminds me of wet woods.

Pass the hair dryer, please.
21st January, 2016
Salutation.

A Salute to DIOR style,A Irresistible Experience for all Senses and one of my Father Favorie that I Adore it Too. DUNE is Modern,Summery,Floral, Original,Crisp,Exquisite, Refreshing Yet Classy.

It has a sparkling start with Cassis, Fig Leaf and Basil which Leads to a floral Heart.It finishes with a Great base notes by Vanilla,Sandalwood and Cedar.This Elixir is for a Gentleman who want an Unassuming but Elegant cologne for Day&Night Wearning.

DUNE is Fresh but without Citrus notes That often Characteristic of fresh compositions.Fantastic for SUNNY days and In my opinion is Suitable for All Occasions Especially INTIMATE. Perfect with a Dignified Character.

Sillage?Very Good.

Longevity?It is not So Remarkable on my skin Nonetheless DUNE is a Great Fragrance.

01st July, 2015