Fahrenheit (1988)

PerfumerJean-Louis Sieuzac
PerfumerMaurice Roger
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Fahrenheit

Fahrenheit is a bright "green" fragrance and is popular today, twelve years after it's launch. It is a fragrance that whether you love it or hate it, it is instantly recognisable.

Reviews of Fahrenheit

People use oil, gasoline, and petrol interchangeably and it confuses things.

I haven't smelled every iteration of Fahrenheit but I do have a pre-major-reformulation bottle and a bottle that dates to about 2018. They are both fantastic and each is recognizably Fahrenheit.

On my skin, vintage Fahrenheit is standing in your woodshed on a summer evening, looking out onto your yard. Behind you the lawnmower quietly cools off, the chopped-up grass stuck to the blades co-mingling with the smell of the lawnmower oil and the wood, and a soft breeze carries in the scent of various flowers from your yard (I get a lot of honeysuckle and violet). Nutmeg and patchouli round out the earthiness. Vintage Fahrenheit is truly a powerfully and singularly evocative and nostalgic scent.

The newer formulation I have doesn't quite get me there in that specific respect. But, it still carries that trademark oily lawnmower effect up top, albeit in an abstracted form, and it still has a transition into a slightly sweet, confidently floral mid that is nothing short of poetic. It may not smell as natural as the vintage or feel quite as heady an experience, but the ideas are still there and they are still executed well, especially given the current restrictions. The original hit such great heights that even in attenuated form it manages to still rock the socks.

Fahrenheit is still one of the best designer scents on the market.
06th January, 2021
I own a 50ml and a 100ml bottle of the vintage Fahrenheit. Back when it was introduced, I was oblivious to its existence, indeed, my nose was fairly untrained that I would probably not have appreciated it. Fast forward to my more mature years and I have developed a fascination with the "gasoline"-type scents. The initial thrill of Fahrenheit is, sadly, too short-lived; and while the dry-down does reveal an exquisite scent, it's the top note that is my crack. Even my wife likes the scent...after the dry down :-(
If you have never tried this juice, and you're willing to drop some coin for the original formulation, imo, it would be well-worth your effort.
Unique.
22nd December, 2020
Having lots of reviews can help to aggragate the overall notes and impressions of a fragrance for those who are interested in or contemplating partaking of a particular scent. With Farenheit there is such a polarized reaction it is astounding. Such deep reverence and such complete loathing. For the same fragrance, Farenheit. Having learned that some fragrances take a few wears to 'get' and understand, and finally be able to enjoy I took the plunge.

Farenheit(1988)
I mow. I have a gas lawnmower. It's old and has grass clippings caked on it. I'm kinda sloppy when I put gas in it. I fire it up and start my first passes and Christian Dior somehow made that the opening of Farenheit. After getting over being totally flabbergasted that my fossil fuel burning mundane yard task has been 'cologned' I have convinced myself to give it some time as the dry down leather may be totally worth it. I want to stress that I totally get the negative reviews, yet want to like this as it is unique and artfully constructed, as I mentioned the leather piqued my interest and strikes me as worth thumbs up for its legend and leather alone.

Pros: leather, unique, well crafted, infamous
Cons: very challenging, opening may be 'aquired taste', very polarized reviews.
29th September, 2020
Fahrenheit EDT -

Love to overspray this one! Sporting a ridiculous amount of accords, nothing else smells like Fahrenheit and for me it remains the most creative men's frag from the house of Dior.

I prefer to wear it in warmer weather when my chest hair can roam free through a wide open collar.

4 stars.
23rd September, 2020
Fahrenheit by Dior opens with a mixture of green notes and citrus. Among them, the most prominent are the floral aroma of hawthorn and the sweetness of mandarin. Fahrenheit quickly brings associations with meadows in spring, which was largely due to the composition of lavender and camomile. A little roughness is added by bergamot and lemon. Honeysuckle also plays a very important role in the initial phase of the scent. Its characteristic, sweetish aroma is one of the signature elements of Fahrenheit. The opening of the composition is undoubtedly intriguing and draws attention.

In the heart, violet takes over the scent. Its aroma is green, rough and tart at the same time. Unquestionably masculine. Cool, yet warm. This warmth, however comes also from other notes as jasmine, clove and nutmeg were used to generate it too. The last one gives the composition additional spicy character. All this has been combined around soft and creamy sandalwood.

In the base, is a almost petrol-like leather accord which is accompanied by vetiver, styrax and mastic, which is a natural resin obtained from mastic tree. Fahrenheit's finish is therefore both balsamic and dry.
09th August, 2020
I bought a 1.7 oz. bottle 3 days ago and have been mesmerized by it's magic. I just ordered the 3.4 oz. bottle. Out of my 70+ bottle fragrance collection I can confidently say already that FAHRENHEIT is now my favorite of them all. I am simply blown away. This is THE best male fragrance I have ever experienced in my life! Why the hell didn't I try this years ago??? I have been searching and searching for that "ONE" fragrance for years. THIS IS IT!!!
18th April, 2020

Add your review of Fahrenheit

Shop for Fahrenheit products online

Shop for Fahrenheit at online perfumeries

Search on eBay