Giorgio for Men (1984)

SupplierPFW Paris
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchGiorgio Beverly Hills

About Giorgio for Men

Was discontinued for several years but relaunched by new GBH owners, Elizabeth Arden.

Giorgio for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Giorgio for Men

It's hard to believe how inexpensive this is for the high quality you get. The packaging and bottle alone are worth the price you pay. But then that awesome juice smells like it should cost 4 times as much. I would easily pay $60 for this. The thing that tops it all off is this legendary beast still has genuine OAKMOSS! The quality, performance, scent and value is simply unmatched in the industry. I hope E.A. Fragrances keeps everything JUST THE WAY IT IS because they've really got something here to brag about!
07th July, 2021
Very very bad! I don't find the words to explain. It's like old incense. I don't know if it is because I have the new version but it smells like rotten flowers and it is very heavy.
01st May, 2021
Hazzle77 Show all reviews
Don't get this at all. Bought as a blind buy (cheap, heritage status) but the opening was a much harsher version of Aramis with none of the pleasant drydown of that fragrance. Went wrong by having 3-4 sprays and couldn't get the overpowering cinnamon/raw ginger smell out of my nose all day. I know it's well regarded but it's a definite scrubber for me...if I could get the scent off with a wire brush!
04th March, 2021
I bought this earlier this week. It has become my guilty pleasure. It reminds me of Paco Robanne PH mixed with Ted Lapidus PH. I have a 118ml bottle that says "Made in Spain" with batch number Y19304A. It unfortunately doesnt seem as strong as reviews make it out to be. One or two sprays of this it quickly becomes a skin scent after 2 hours. Ive been wearing it all week even at work and pretty much no one noticed I was wearing it. I only caught a few whiffs throughout a span of 24 hours. I even had to re-apply it after work to continue to enjoy the scent. Maybe its just my nose getting used to it?

Overall I think it smells nice: 7/10
Bottle design: 10/10
Sillage: 6.5/10
Longevity: 6.5/10
06th March, 2020
There are some fragrances that you wonder how you ever did without. Giorgio is one of these for me. While I heard mention of it in the 80s, I never wore it and don't remember smelling it. Maybe that's just as well, as it seems to have been over-applied by many. But for one who grew up in that era and loves powerhouse fragrances, this felt like coming home. While not green in the vein of Polo or Quorum, especially with its topnote florals, Giorgio is a fabulous and refined celebration of patchouli and moss. I get wafts throughout the day, and say, "now that's what a men's fragrance should smell like." And the gestalt of its superb soapy dry-down, as others have mentioned, perhaps succeeds better than Paco Rabanne (or at least better than the reformulated Paco stripped of oakmoss). Despite all my praise, I reserve this for casual wear on evenings and weekends. I'm not brave enough (or perhaps crazy enough) to wear it to work. And though I say one spray please, I always do two. But any more than that is flirting with overkill and a cloying mess. Enjoy and rock on!
22nd February, 2020
I walk a different path on Giorgio for Men. I think the green aspect of this is more tree moss than patchouli. But I agree with others that this is a strong and well performing fragrance.

I get an opening with a light combo of soap and carnation that a lots of 80's fragrance possess. A lot of tree moss and a pinch of patchouli comes forward. But there's this resin sweetness of amber,honey,and cinnamon that glosses over the green side. This "sweetened green resin" reminds me of British Sterling. The soap softens to a powder, a little zing of lemon and a leathery note comes out in the finish.

Giorgio for Men is a pretty good fragrance. On the topic of Givenchy Gentleman being similar to this?...no, they are two completely different animals to my nose. Giorgio for Men does hit hard at initial blast with it's strong notes. Let it dry and you're rewarded with a very sophisticated and colorful men's fragrance.

20th December, 2019