Givenchy Gentleman (1974)

HouseGivenchy
PerfumerPaul Lèger
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton

About Givenchy Gentleman

A classic fragrance with a stylish mix of Vetiver, Patchouli and Leathery notes. Reorchestrated in 2017.

Givenchy Gentleman fragrance notes

Reviews of Givenchy Gentleman

This is not for everybody. But for mature men it can be quite heavenly.

It's not loud, but it sits nicely on skin once it's fully developed and provides quiet wafts of patchouli, leather a touch of cinnamon.
Nice longevity on me.

One gets the sense it has been tamed a lot in recent years. This one must have been a balls to the wall beast in the 70s.
If I ever get ambitious or rich, maybe seek out a vintage bottle.

03rd September, 2020
Patchouli HEAVEN. Man, what a beautiful masculine fragrance. It just gets better and better as it dries down with all day performance and massive sillage. A true masterpiece of perfumery. If they ever discontinue this, I will sue them into oblivion for mental anguish! (lol) I am stocked up on this, but with how much I wear it, I'd better triple UP! Highest recommendation!
30th August, 2020
Stinkor's long march through the institutions.

When Mattel produced the Stinkor action figure, Stinkor being the evil master of odours from He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, a skunk-like villain that can paralyse enemies with his smell, patchouli oil was mixed into the plastic. Whilst this may have seemed like a novel idea in 1985, Givenchy went further over a decade earlier and added this scent to actual men.

If you love patchouli, this isn't a bad perfume at all, you'll probably enjoy it. I used to like this quite a bit myself but then noticed that I hardly ever wear it. Just too much patchouli and I don't really enjoy wearing it.
05th July, 2020
Timeless classic fragrance that shouldn't offend anyone. Pretty safe IMO. Masculine gem that will be around for a while. 7.5/10
06th March, 2020
Timeless masterpiece. This is what a sophisticated gentleman smells like. An older gentleman. Wear this with pride.
31st December, 2019
I can't speak for the vintage but I own a bottle of Givenchy Gentleman that I blind-bought 5 or 6 years ago.

This is a fragrance that essentially is a bar of soap. Embedded in this soap are pieces of patchouli mostly and some vetiver. Now imagine dipping this soap bar in honey. This is a wearable fragrance...but lifeless.

Givenchy Gentleman doesn't impress me at all hence the thumbs down. It's bland and lacks imagination, it's overpriced, and it doesn't last. It's insulting for one to even compare this to Giorgio for Men(1984) when it's nothing similar. Givenchy Gentleman is far more comparable to Boss Number One by Hugo Boss (1985).
11th December, 2019 (last edited: 20th December, 2019)

Add your review of Givenchy Gentleman