Green Irish Tweed (1985)

PerfumerPierre Bourdon
PerfumerOlivier Creed
Parent CompanyCreed

About Green Irish Tweed

Green Irish Tweed is a masculine fragrance by Creed. The scent was launched in 1985 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Olivier Creed and Pierre Bourdon

Green Irish Tweed fragrance notes

Reviews of Green Irish Tweed

apsyhn Show all reviews
My current favorite.

I bought this blind buy but nearly passed as there were SO many reviews comparing it to Cool Water. In all honesty I haven't knowingly smelled Cool Water in 25 years, but I didn't like it then, and can't pretend that I'll consider sampling it anytime soon.

My only complaint is that at this price point, longetivity should not be a problem and I find that it kinda is. It's low-key, but sillage is still good after a couple of hours.

It's definitely a spring/summer scent, but here in South Texas those seasons last 9 months so I can nearly wear it year-round.
01st December, 2020
One of the best offerings from creed in my opinion. This along with Bois du Portugal screams class and money. I can’t comment on newer batches but my 2016 and 2015 one I’ve owned have the most beautiful green fresh quality combined with zesty citrus but the magic happens in the base where we are introduced to sandalwood and an ambergris accord which knocked my socks off five years ago and still does today.
18th November, 2020
I have to confess that I'm a huge fan of Cool Water and Aspen. I wore them in the early 90's and having revisited/re-purchased them after 20 years of my fragrance hibernation I thought I would scoff at these ubiquitous, over-worn and in the case of CW, insanely over-flanked fragrances. Instead I found I still love them unabashedly. As I explore my love of the House of Creed and wear my way through a decant of Green Irish Tweed I wondered how that all would effect my impression of GIT.

Green Irish Tweed(1985)
I was suprised at the lack of any lemon in the opening, it seemed muted in the opening, only to reappear within the iris/ambergris after awhile. What I thought would be a dissappointing dry down did brighten back up to that CW/Aspen comparison we all hear about ad nauseum. To add my free 2 cents it resembles Aspen more than CW. This is a pleasing classy fragrance whose quality, depth, and ability to project longer and more organically make it a far superior to it's cheaper, infamous comparatives. Considering I have big bottles of Cool Water and Aspen(for about $36 for both) and a small budget for the dozens of bottle worthy scents I want I can't see Green Irish Tweed as FB worthy, yet. It is a must try classic, however, and complete thumbs up.
05th October, 2020
Note: Review is of the current version.

Green Irish Tweed has been debated, discussed and reviewed to death, so I'd just state the essentials -

• It's different from Cool Water (current, or vintage), so let's get that out of the way. It is closer to Aspen (Coty) than Cool Water.

• It's definitely changed over the years. It used to be a beautiful fresh-green fragrance with notes of iris and violet, together with grassy, green notes that persisted throughout, over a warm-musky base of ambergris that was sharp, and held everything together in place. That's how it used to be till about 2015. I've had several samples and bottles since 2016, and it has changed for the worse. The notes are still there, but the top-fresh notes collapse quickly to give way to a flat iris note, the violet note seems to have disappeared, and the base is musky ambergris but without the sharpness, and it just feels muddled, as if the original took a good beating in a round of boxing. I thought I had received a sample that had lost the top notes, but I did not have any doubts once I purchased two retail bottles from different places across different years, and found the perfume to be consistently underwhelming in the way described.

• I loved the earlier version, even more so in slightly cooler weather, when the freshness cut throughout and stood out. Now, it's not that good anymore. I would suggest one to refrain from trying to chase down any 'holy grail batch': it's 2020, and one would do well to sample around.

That's all, in a nutshell.

21st January, 2020
ad_scott Show all reviews
Not amazing, not terrible, not for me. Smells like Coolwater, has that aquatic vibe which doesn't agree with me. It's nothing special.
19th January, 2020
There are very few fragrances I could ever call a masterpiece as I always cannot seem to find a subtle fragrance that can seem to stay under the radar, while having an astounding effect to those near. Green Irish Tweed is that masterpiece fragrance that will withstand the test of time because the scent is so complex and intriguing.

It is not loud, but the complex scent speaks volumes. The lemon verbena, Iris, sandalwood, and violet notes are what makes this stand out. The sandalwood stays in the back and is more prominent after a few hours.

I have tried so many fragrances in my life. Creed is one house that will not let me down. This scent is one of their best, and is a staple.

Scent: 10

Shop for Green Irish Tweed products online

Shop for Green Irish Tweed at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Creed Green Irish Tweed ...Travel Size 10ml

US • Buy it now: USD 28.99.

CREED GREEN IRISH TWEED 2.5ML VIAL

US • Buy it now: USD 9.49.

Member images of Green Irish Tweed