Héritage Eau de Toilette (1992)
by Guerlain

PackagingRobert Granai
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Héritage Eau de Toilette

Héritage Eau de Toilette is a masculine fragrance by Guerlain. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean Paul Guerlain. The bottle was designed by Robert Granai

Héritage Eau de Toilette fragrance notes

Reviews of Héritage Eau de Toilette

Starts with an in-your-face citrusy lavender, supported by aromatic notes (juniper and clary sage).
It keeps going with a noticeable dirty patchouli note (supported by an orchestra of notes, noticeably spices and florals (rose and geranium in particular). The base is a vanillic cedar, supported by moss, overall giving an impression of sandalwood (even if I can't spot it clearly, tbh). Beautiful, that said I had to spary something like ~1ml per wrist to reach just moderate projection... But no big deal, it's very nice and versatile, can be had for cheap, thus I recommend it, even if the performance is quite terrible. And yes: the drydown shares clear similarities with Zino.

Elegant without making a statement. That kind of fragrance that is not a real game changer, but that will be missed if absent in a collection. Classic, but still smells contemporary: the magic of Guerlain.

Colder days, 30+
Note: neutral rating because of inacceptable poor projection on my skin.
10th October, 2020
Amazing quality from start to finish. For the price Guerlain makes superb fragrances IMHO. Citrus opening, in the classic gentlemen's way, that blends into a nice tobacco juice with patchouli and peppery spice off my skin. I really like it and find it to not be overbearing even in warmer weather so this is a "Vivaldi" juice (FragBros). For the price, I would say this is a safe blind buy. Enjoy!
19th August, 2020
I've had this for a year Now and only wore on occasion mainly winter nights and it was nice but so so I was so wrong no no this is not for winter it's for summer ad some heat and a worm breeze and this caterpillar becomes a butterfly I've just got myself a new summer fragrance with loads of compliments who would have thought fragrances its a sniff of two half's.
06th June, 2020
This isn't the kind of in your face scent I normally go for (I am a religious Yatagan wearer) - it's very restrained and office-friendly. But I will say this - I am a slow user of fragrances. I still have half-bottles of stuff I bought before Obama was president. And those are juices I like.

I killed this in under a year. Consciously, it never quite clicked with me. But unconsciously, I was spraying it like crazy.

High quality, well-balanced juice. It's cheap, so try it.
17th May, 2020
A very well formulated, mature, complex fragrance with interesting development. But TBH, not the greatest smelling fragrance, quite floral, I don't find it very masculine. Perhaps somewhat dated - personally, I feel it's a much older (55+) gentlemen's cologne. Or perhaps to fans, a timeless fragrance. It's nice, but there are at least a dozen other colognes I would reach for before choosing one. Perhaps it will continue to grow on me...
09th May, 2020
The ultimate 1990s "boardroom" scent, Héritage is a three-piece, charcoal pinstripe suit made of a luxurious silk-and-wool blend. It's rich, warm, spicy, dense, with a gorgeously creamy drydown that isn't quite gourmand but gestures in that direction.

The main difference between early vintages of Héritage and the current is the depth and richness of the sandalwood, which is three-dimensional in the vintage but somewhat thinner in the current. Otherwise, it's essentially intact.
13th April, 2020