Jacomo de Jacomo Original (1980)
by Jacomo

Jacomo de Jacomo Original information

Year of Launch1980

HouseJacomo
Parent CompanySarbec
Parent Company at launchMartell

About Jacomo de Jacomo Original

Jacomo de Jacomo Original is a masculine fragrance by Jacomo. The scent was launched in 1980

Jacomo de Jacomo Original fragrance notes

Reviews of Jacomo de Jacomo Original

Clint Eastwood in a denim shirt, suede waistcoat,loose trousers and a western hat,arrives the cafe and sits in a corner and he's relaxing with a Cuban cigar and dry martini...and he suddenly realize that the greatest things in life are those little luxurious.Classic masculine fougere in a fantastic price. woody,leathery,aromatic,earthy, complex,spicy,smokey,classic and sophisticated.

Cloves,oakmoss,galbanum and musk, such a powerful combination with the patchouli being most precious of all notes.the patchouli is smokey,while the leather evokes a beautifully bound book or an elegant leather-topped writing desk.these notes bolstered by smokey spices,moss and something like grassy vetiver and musl.it's pretty soapy but the kind of soap one would expect in an exclusive barbershop or the en-suite of a gentleman's country manor.

It's the kind of fragrance that ruled the 80's,when fragrances were uber masculine and unisex acquatics were non-existent. overpowering but it smells deep, dark and absolute classy that conveys a kind of powerful maturity.this is not a scent that would wear well on a young welp of a man.it's best for occasions of formality,important meetings or socializing perhaps with cigars and fine whisky with other canvivial gentlemen.
29th January, 2021
Surrounded by a sea of insecure, hostile candyland niche frags, reeking of jelly donuts and vanilla candles, Jacomo de Jacomo stands alone on the hill raising his fist high and proud. Zero sweetness, 100% black awesomeness.

Jacomo doesn't need your attention, he demands it.

4.5 stars.
17th September, 2020
I read great things about Jacomo de Jacomo and since it was very cheap I almost bought a bottle blind. Luckily I found a sample. Man, would that have been a blind buy I would've regret.

JdJ might be well blended and have decent performance. But I will boil it down to two questions for me that makes it clear on this one. Does it smell good? Is it easy to wear? No and no. I did most of my wearings when alone in the house because this did not smell pleasant. Dated, sure, but more bad smelling. It has a big clove note which I think is hard to pull off in a fragrance that is not supposed to smell like old times. It do has something that reminds me of smoke which together with the spiciness is embracing some sort of 70's mossy men's fragrance.

When my wife came home from a travel I had just visited some older relatives. She told me she could smell it on my clothes that I've been there. It turned out I tried JdJ in the morning so it was the perfume that smelled like it does in an old house for her.

This is a pass for me.
07th October, 2019
This is a nice vintage fragrance with a clove note. The fragrances released around this time, 1980, are some of the best, and this fits into that category.
15th May, 2019
One of those fragrances that so wholly belongs to a past era that it now feels bracingly new. Jacomo de Jacomo is intensely, almost thrillingly masculine. A background aura of sandalwood anchors what is a very dry, spicy fragrance; it's smooth with a hint of burn, bringing to mind a smoldering clove cigarette.

After a good four or five hours of wear, it's as though the fire has gone out you've only got the mellow aftershocks, and you get a gentle drydown similar to that other early 80s masculine classic, Santos de Cartier.
08th March, 2019
I wouldn't refer to this as a tobacco fragrance. More like a clever manipulation of clove and sandalwood to achieve such an effect. Jacomo De Jacomo Original does smell good though.

I get a very creamy of base of vanilla and slightly floral of lavender. Black polished leather is in the blend and comes off as tire rubber. A lot of sandalwood and clove adds weight to this as a pseudo tobacco and spicy vibe. Hints of patchouli in the finish.

Jacomo De Jacomo Original is a good one if you like vanilla fragrances, but it's not quite powerhouse. This comes off strong initially then quickly goes low-key for 6 hours.

05th May, 2018 (last edited: 01st September, 2020)

Add your review of Jacomo de Jacomo Original