Jicky Eau de Parfum (1889)
by Guerlain

PackagingGabriel Guerlain
Parent CompanyLVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton
Parent Company at launchGuerlain

About Jicky Eau de Parfum

According to Guerlain folklore, this was named after an English student whom Aimé Guerlain fell in love with. It was in fact named for his nephew, Jacques Guerlain.  It was the first 'abstract' perfume as it wasn't reminiscent of one individual note.

Apparently a fave of Sean Connery.

Jicky Eau de Parfum fragrance notes

Reviews of Jicky Eau de Parfum

No, no, no. The basenotes in this perfume reminded me of my experience with the bestial Muscs Koublai Khan. This perfume is beautiful in the top to middle notes (they are complex), but the civet is horrendous. I agree that it smells like poop. Someday I will sell my bottle...it was a risky and failed blind-buy.
26th May, 2020
Well, I'll never be without it, that's for sure. This historical scent is still this good after 100 plus years? Amazing.
I don't find it off putting at all, furry, fuzzy, louche lived in lavander vanilla, that fresh/"dirty" dichotomy that I particularly enjoy in many of my favourites Kouros on one end, Eau Sauvage at the other. It completely conjures in scent, to me, the Decadent Mouvement and the Belle Epoque of which time it hails. A scent fitting to sensualist esthetes then and now.
2005 edt
07th May, 2020
Its fine. Basically just smells soft and powdery to me. Yea, there is nuance, it is a Guerlain after all. This just doesn't smell like something a young lady would wear. Old lady perfume. Good quality.
05th September, 2019
Oh yeah! My olfactory memory tells me that I have smelled this before; perhaps on a man. It's sooo familiar and I love it.
Since all the fragrance notes were used to create an accord, no one note stands out except for the lemon.
I love it. Oh, did I say that before?
Soft and powdery - long lasting - wear anytime
19th April, 2019
Oh dear. It’s like someone’s done a poo and has tried to mask the smell in the bathroom with Lavender Glade spray.

I don’t get any vanilla at all.

This is the current Eau de Parfum.

I’m disappointed. I love the older Guerlain perfumes
05th February, 2019
The thumbs down I’ve given isn’t for quality - I couldn’t bear to keep it on my skin long enough to ascertain that - but for wearability. On me, it’s ‘Icky Jicky’, smelling of nothing other than poop, pure poop. I scrubbed after about 5 mins: that’s all I could take. That’s only on *my* skin, though, and this stuff gets plenty of love from those who know what they’re talking about, so I’m not going to criticise it, just say that on me, it’s unwearable. Even though I’m a fan girl for the classic Guerlains, this is a tricksy one. Blind buy at own risk...
25th January, 2019

Add your review of Jicky Eau de Parfum

Shop for Jicky Eau de Parfum products online

Shop for Jicky Eau de Parfum at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Jicky Eau de Parfum

by

Perfumes launched in the same year as Jicky Eau de Parfum (1889)