Jovan Musk for Men (1973)
by Jovan

Jovan Musk for Men information

Year of Launch1973

HouseJovan
PerfumerMurray Moscona
Parent CompanyBenckiser > Coty Inc > Coty Beauty
Parent Company at launchJovan

About Jovan Musk for Men

A classic musk fragrance for men. You can obtain a free sample (while stocks last) at www.jovanmusk.com/musk/tryitfre.htm The offer is only available in the USA.

Jovan Musk for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of Jovan Musk for Men

Jovan Musk (Vintage / pre-Coty version) -

Jovan Musk is the Cheapie Hall of Fame Cooler King!
Von Luger : Are all American officers so ill-mannered?

Hilts : Yeah, about 99 percent.

Von Luger : Then perhaps while you are with us you will have a chance to learn some. Ten days isolation, Hilts.

Hilts : CAPTAIN Hilts.

Von Luger : Twenty days.

Hilts : Right. Oh, uh, you'll still be here when I get out?

Von Luger : [visibly annoyed]  Cooler!

("The Great Escape" 1963)
4 stars.
01st October, 2020 (last edited: 16th November, 2020)
Sets my teeth on edge.

10th June, 2020
I understand musk is dated. Its construction is basic. Virile, maybe a little sleazy. Comforting. A staple of the frugal ladies man. 70s/80s vibe. I like this, and can rock it unironically.
27th October, 2019
I absolutely love this fragrance. It is very calming uplifting and linear fragrance. Remains the same on my skin from the beginning to the end. It just makes me feel happy. This is such an inexpensive scent so I have always have a bottle of this.

Don't just dismiss this as a cheapie.

give it a try.

You might just get hooked like me.
20th December, 2018
Can't pass up a chance to recognize how important Jovan Musk for Men has been for me in my cologne using and collecting history...

Jovan Musk for Men was one of the most commonly seen fragrances that I'd seen as a child in most men's bathroom medicine cabinets or bedroom dresser counters. It has an unmistakaly virile, masculine quality that influenced what I would consider to be the standard for musk-based colognes. Full floral-leather-musk character that always impressed me for its boldness and effectiveness as a bracing, reliable scent for almost any man I knew.
11th September, 2018
Overall I get straight up strong spicy musk from this cologne/aftershave with hints of lavender, mint, and citruses (but mostly musk); provides a nice burn too after shaving; very manly smelling, I really like it. It's both clean smelling and spicy at the same time. Also, it's extremely masculine; one of the most masculine fragrances I've ever tried. Cheap and good.

03rd May, 2018