Le Mâle (1995)

PerfumerFrancis Kurkdjian
SupplierQuest International
Parent Company at launchShiseido > Beaute Prestige International

About Le Mâle

The first male fragrance by Jean Paul Gaultier. The bottle is in the shape of a male torso and packaged in what looks like a baked bean tin. The bath products are shaped liked paint tubes.  The prestige version of the fragrance features a 'bulb puffer spray'.

Le Mâle fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Mâle

Quite sweet and powdery to my nose. A defining metrosexual fragrance. I had Cuba Gold before I got to sample this classic from 1995, but the dry down is very similar. The opening of Le Male is better and so is the performance, but otherwise, you get the same powdery sweet lavender plus vanilla/amber combo that’s been working it’s magic for decades now.

The current formulation has decent projection without being too loud and lasts 7-8 hours.
04th May, 2020
Started as a teenager and have been wearing it ever since. Le Male has a strong cinnamon vanilla and lavender note, creating a scent to make women weak at the knees. My signature!
19th November, 2019
Its got a nice mix of lavender, vanilla, mint thing going on. It becomes an accord to me, melding together to smell "le male"ish. Powdery, synthetic, sure. If it didn't have that terrible bottle I'd own it. Performance is good. A respectable fragrance.
06th October, 2019
I was looking for something different, no Le Male at all, but began to test several fragrances at a local Belk. I got to Le Male and thought. It smelled like something I already have, Body Kuros. I do not know if BK has been reformulated but my juice in over a decade or so old now. So my nose, from both, gets a spicy sweetness. It is ok, but not something I would want to wear. I only wear BK a couple times a year. I cannot speak for longevity but the initial power is strong. I do not like the sticky sweet of it but others may find this appealing.
13th August, 2019
JPG is awesome simple as that. Sure it has its time and place, i like to wear it when its a little chilly out with a descent outfit for going out. just like 1 million and invictus etc the frag will have its haters. But like i say, if your goal in a frag is to get noticed and get compliments then this is one of those. I guarantee anytime you wear it someone or several people will stop and ask what your wearing or tell you "omg you smell so good". Isn't that the point afer all?
04th July, 2019
I wish I had tried this before reformulation; as the smell is great, but it barely lasts me 3 hours in projection/longevity. The drydown scent is AMAZING, and I would rate it much higher, but the endurance of the aroma is nonexistent.
24th February, 2019