Paco Rabanne Pour Homme (1973)
by Paco Rabanne

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme information

Year of Launch1973

HousePaco Rabanne
PerfumerJean Martel
PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Prestige Beauty Brands

About Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

A classic, includes notes of lavender, oakmoss and tobacco. Recently, the packaging was updated but the scent remains the same.
FIFI awards winner in 1975

Paco Rabanne Pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme

The green feels an appropriate color choice. I havenít smelled BRUT aftershave in years and year but I want to say this is a supremely nicer version with an orange peel oil spritz around the rim. That could be ...off though. People say soap and powder but I donít think thatís right AT ALL. I find way less powder than an old spice type clean scent. This stuff goes beyond soap into Windex territory. That doesnít mean I donít like it. Air freshener purple flower but not floral. Ever notice rosemary smelling kinda like lemon? My Mom bought it for me and my Girlfriend loves it. So thatís two female votes in favor of this flavor but I think it's a "Dudes Only" scent unless you're a head-to-toe lemon woman. It could layer on one of those overly lemmoned ladies. You know who you are!

I have the small logo r bottle. Seems to last just fine and does make my skin sticky where it lands.
04th August, 2020
Modern masculines from Paco Rabanne are not something I enjoy. One Million and itís flankers all choke me out, the Invictus line fills me with the burning fury of a thousand suns and my one bottle of Black XS from my twenties elicited a solid ďMeh.Ē

The original Pour Homme is another story altogether. This is the first aromatic fougere Iíve purchased and it was love at first smell. My bottle is the modern formulation, but itís still incredible.

The opening is reminiscent of faberge brut... in the most complimentary way possible. The bracing hit of sage and rosemary (And I think bergamot, even though itís not listed) is gorgeous and the laurel adds a roundness that I really enjoy, it seems to pair up perfectly with the lavender and geranium. The development from the bracing opening through the soapy, powdery phase is gradual, rather subtle and just feels logical and beautifully done.

My favourite element, though, is undoubtedly the tobacco. It initially has a dry, papery quality that reminds me strongly of the note in Guerlain Vetiver and melds really smoothly with the honey, amber and musk in the base to give a sensation that is mostly rich, smooth and clean, with only a hint of sweetness and bitter dryness.

The only complaint one might raise is that this does smell old school. I think thereís enough retro chic in the fougere genre to give this some legs and hipster cred, but even without that, I donít care. I can live with smelling old when it smells this damn good.
08th January, 2020
Old school. Mine's an '08 bottle.

Spicy Geranium. Mossy-honeyed-musk to it, remindful of King Kouros at times. Soapy. Versatile.

An undeniable stalwart in masculine fragrance history.
16th October, 2019
I completely refute the descriptive statement that the scent remains the same .
The current formula is nowhere near the original they are so detached from each other that they are different scents . The original is so classy and refined with beautiful accord of tobacco and honey built on a strong base of oakmoss and musk . So beautifully green .
The modern big logo bottle is weak and synthetic
15th August, 2019
ad_scott Show all reviews
Top marks! Probably the very first fragrance I ever encountered back in the 1980s. Dad always had a bottle. The best way I can describe PRPH is it smells like the finest soap and talcum powder set that money can buy...refined, clean, fresh and comforting. It really is unique and evocative.
24th January, 2019
This is how I like it. Very crisp, with lots of rosemary, sage and laurel, and the lavender is very smoothly blended in - unlike sweet modern lavenders. It is suave, it is fresh. The dry down is driven by moss and accentuated by a vague, hazy sweetness of honey and tonka, which makes it a little cosy; moderate separation of notes, and excellent balance. Sometimes rugged, sometimes refined, soothing, uplifting, robust, decidedly old school and definitely out of fashion (isn't that a good thing?). It isn't as sophisticated as Rive Gauche pour Homme, and is a tad less dressed up than Azzaro, but it is more effortless. I find there are some similarities in 'personality' with Bogart ("classic/signature"), even though scent profiles are somewhat different. A must try if you're into wet shaving or barbershop scents; discreet sillage and moderate duration.

Note: My bottle is a 'semi-vintage' splash. No idea as to how the current stuff is.

20th January, 2019 (last edited: 10th March, 2019)

Add your review of Paco Rabanne Pour Homme