Platinum Égoïste (1993)

PerfumerJacques Polge
PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyWertheimer

About Platinum Égoïste

The "alter ego" of Egoiste. A fresh fragrance enjoyed by many. Similar bottle to the original Egoiste, but with a silver lid. Packaged in a silver box.

Platinum Égoïste fragrance notes

Reviews of Platinum Égoïste

A very easy going fragrance in the same ball park as Creed Himalaya, musky metallic and clean, Platinum has a creamy lavender feel in the opening that almost sways things into barbershop territory but never fully lands there and ends up becoming cleanly and soapy, finally resting on a metal and white soap vibe, overall this is a great all rounder that smells good anytime anywhere.
12th June, 2020
The notes are listed above, so I'll refrain from waxing poetic in flowery language about them.

I think of Platinum Egoiste as Creed Himalaya's blue collar cousin (if one could even call Chanel "blue collar")...it's less refined, and more linear, yet gets the same job done more efficiently, and for less $$$.

A go-to scent when I want to smell clean...like a luxury masculine bar of soap.

I'll add that even though it's pushing 30 years old, it doesn't smell like it. I find it a timeless classic.
22nd April, 2020
Received more compliments on this one compared to hype king AHSEE... I think it's mainly because people can smell this on me, whereas AHSEE nowadays is soo darn watered down that nobody can smell me, I can't even smell it most of the time lol.

There are TWO main notes PE can develop on my skin. This first one is the signature green&citrisy smell from the initial blast. Even though this thing does not have any citrus note listed, you do get a citrus vibe. A friend of mine called this "lemony" and "fruity", which blew me away lol. Usually after 1 hour, I can detect a very prominent lavender. The lavender is very natural smelling so if you dig that smell you might like PE.
It does have a metalic smell to it. The entire accord is VERY cold. So I don't suggest you wear this on a date.

PE is probably one of the best professional scents out there, it comes across very manly and elegant. Pretty versatile too cause I would love to smell this during hot summer days and it's strong enough to last during winter (trust me where I live is pretty cold and windy in the 30Fs)
13th February, 2020
Really getting to me after 7 hours of repetitive, linear, aquaticness. The sweetness is not edible, and not noticeably cloying, but after so long it really needs to stop!. And I eat frog legs, gator, raw oysters, sashimi, sushi, etc...

Well blended, but boring, pedestrian, and done before a thousand times.

Great for Mad Men types, maybe?

Pass me the Boss, Ho Hang Club, or Woodcut and get me out of this 90's commercial nightmare, pronto!
05th February, 2020
This review is for the vintage “Egoiste Platinum” version. I find it really classy and feel it really shines with formal business attire because it adds to your aura rather than causing a distraction. I prefer it slightly over Francesco Smalto Pour Homme which I find similar, due to Chanel’s perfect blending that is at full display here.
25th November, 2019
Classy, elegant and safe

Not the best from Chanel but not the worst, I do really enjoy this however it does seem a tad generic.

Has good performance and longevity.

Recommended for formal occasions but safe enough for casual wear.

11th November, 2019