Polo Crest (1991)

AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseRalph Lauren
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group > Prestige & Collections

About Polo Crest

Polo Crest is a masculine fragrance by Ralph Lauren. The scent was launched in 1991

Polo Crest fragrance notes

Reviews of Polo Crest

One of my all time favorites. Polo Crest is essentially the daytime or summer version of Polo Green.

In my mind, RL never intended for this flanker to be more than a “limited edition” as they weren’t going to directly compete with themselves. Upon release in 1991, Crest’s big brother Polo Green was the undisputed heavyweight of the RL men’s line.

That wasn’t going to change and RL either didn’t know how to market Crest to its consumers, or more likely, intended it to be a limited run.

Lurking in development, a new heavily marketed flanker, Polo Sport, would go on to dominate the aquatic side of the pond in 1993.

Dollars and scents.

Polo Crest has an excellent composition with a very similar DNA to Polo Green, minus the tobacco, with an emphasis on the herbs / florals in the heart and cedar in the basenotes.

Make no mistake, Polo Crest is an unparalleled treasure of masculinity in the world of fragrance. 5 stars!
14th September, 2020 (last edited: 15th September, 2020)
Sophisticated and distinguished. Exceptional fragrance though hard to find since they discontinued production.
31st December, 2019
Very minimalist version of the original Polo (green).

Polo Crest focuses more on the spicy element present in the original. It's simpler and more predictable, not exuding several notes at will.

Hard to find, but a great flanker to own of the legendary and still great original green.
28th December, 2016
Wow, super-manly and has that classic Polo green smell I remember from my childhood. I was nostalgic for the original Polo green and tried various testers at the mall and airports, all smelled terrible. So jumped on Basenotes and sure enough, it had been reformulated to crap. Vintage is too much for me so I snagged a mini bottle of Crest, which I also learned about on Basenotes. I tried Modern Reserve and like that one too, but this stuff has just the right mix of classic manliness and modern clean. I think I just grew some more chest hair...thanks Polo Crest!
12th November, 2016
WOW this is a winner for sure. Too bad it is discontinued. Tried this over the weekend at my uncles house (who is nursing a bottle of this marvelous juice). Put a little dab on my wrist and enjoyed the great scent for close to 5 hours. Smells 90% like the original Polo (Green) with just a touch more sweetness to my nose. Too bad it is discontinued and the online pricing is ridiculous. If you get a bottle ENJOY!
01st August, 2016
Best Ralph Lauren Polo fragrance ever. Better than the original Green IMO. Too bad it was discontinued long ago and can't be found at a reasonable price. I guess someone somewhere buys and wears Polo Red. Nobody I know, though.

Wish Crest was still around.
16th March, 2015

Add your review of Polo Crest

Shop for Polo Crest products online

Search on eBay

Member images of Polo Crest

There are no member images of Polo Crest yet. Why not be the first?