Quorum (1982)

PerfumerSebastian Gomez
PackagingAndré Ricard
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group > Puig Fragrance & Personal Care

About Quorum

A classic scent from the Spanish Scent gurus.

Quorum fragrance notes

Reviews of Quorum

I very much like the dark, masculine scent of oak moss and it's clearly present in Quorum which is a classic 80s fragrance if which I am also a fan. I have the newer version and the vintage. Is there really a detectable, worthwhile difference? In this case a definite yes. Newer has Tree Moss which adds a harsher edge. Vintage only has oak moss which produces a smoother, richer experience. The newer may have slightly better performance but the vintage really is more satisfying.
07th February, 2021
80s frags

Its a nice polite 80s frag. Its got the same 80s smells and charectoristics, but they are smoothed out a bit. Pine, leather, moss. Obviously reformulated, but still balanced. Seems to have avoided the bare chemically nature many fragrances get when theyve moved downmarket to a cheaper price range. Does have some dry cigarette ash smell. Quite nice. Cheap. Thumbs up.
19th December, 2020
Bavard ,...I so agree with the similarity to vintage ODLR POUR LUI, ,Especially with its dark oak moss ,woods and spices.odlr goes in a more floral direction .,
I’ve layered quorum with vintage Bijan cologne and It is heaven
30th October, 2020
I am liking this one. The main smell-alike to me, after having worn it half a dozen times and feeling like it was reminding me of something that I couldn't place, is YSL Rive Gauche Pour Homme, but this is the far-superior version for my tastes. I also get some similarity to Havana and I have random thoughts while wearing it about Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui, Givenchy Xeryus, Giorgio VIP, and Bel Ami's pencil lead note.
11th May, 2020 (last edited: 26th May, 2020)
On to my second lifetime bottle of Quorum. The first I had, certainly more than 15 years ago, was a 100ml bottle and the type of seasonal present that clearly ticked the boxes of "it's aftershave" [sic] and "it's not that expensive". (Other scents that did this job over the years include Beckham Instinct and Cerruti 1881 Amber.) I definitely miss these random gifts from my late parents.

However, I do remember the Quorum of 2005 or so being an uncompromising beast and something that at the back of my mind made me doubt whether it was a good fit for office wear...anyone, in those days it was my only fragrance and so I got through the 100ml.

In recent times I was happy to pick up 30ml for a song in TK Maxx. The scent has the same melange of notes as before, as if Sebastian Gomez thought that he might as well just throw everything in that could be included in an aromatic fougere. The result is definitely masculine and fun in its way. But after a few hours it has died down to next to nothing. Quorum therefore achieves neutral in the face of victory. If you're not buying this hoping for an old-school powerhouse fougere, what exactly are you looking for?
06th April, 2020
I own a bottle of the original Quorum, so this review pertains to the original vintage formulation.

Quorum can be best described as a dressed-up "catch-all" late 70s/early 80s masculine. It takes a bunch of classic masculine tropes and puts them in a blender and sands off any rough edges, producing something that's fairly easy to wear (albeit a bit anonymous-feeling, since it lacks a signature accord or note).
31st December, 2019

Add your review of Quorum

Shop for Quorum products online

Shop for Quorum at online perfumeries

Search on ebay