Santos Concentrée (1982)

Santos Concentrée information

Year of Launch1982

HouseCartier

About Santos Concentrée

Santos Concentrée is a masculine fragrance by Cartier. The scent was launched in 1982

Santos Concentrée fragrance notes

Reviews of Santos Concentrée

I thought about giving this a neutral because I like Santos so much more than this Concentree version, and this version is not what I expected.

Openings matter, and Santos has a great opening. Santos Concentree has a much more challenging open.

This is a little like Santos crossed with Quorum, but with more Quorum.

The base has some magic. It's faint by then, but as a skin scent, it's a perfect 10.

The whole experience of wearing it is something I can do without. The amazing base makes me want to give it another chance. During the first couple hours though, on each of these approximately five occasions, I've thought to myself, "never again."
22nd November, 2020 (last edited: 29th December, 2020)
A richer version of the original Santos by Cartier.

Santos Concentrée is a definite period piece, reflecting the wild, expressive, and experimental 1980's. Starting with the nice citrus-peel and spice opening, Santos Concentrée ends up with a slightly spicy-woody-sweet quality that is best suited for evening wear, esp. formal.

Comparisons can be made to Antaeus by Chanel and Oscar de la Renta. Santos Concentrée, like the original, have a vintage, older and more mature man finish that will doubtlessly alienate many but also draw reverie in more mature wearers.
28th August, 2018
Unfortunately I never tested the original from the 80s, my bottle is from early 2000, but i like it . It feels right for men above 40, smooth and wearable .
27th April, 2018
Santos rose from our
Table of perfumes and wine.
"Stay fragrant, my friends."
16th October, 2017
Stardate 20170907:

I find it meh. Nothing great about it. I liked vintage Santos better. It had character and funk. This one seems too plain. A spicy woody generic thing.

Bad reformulation perhaps.

07th September, 2017 (last edited: 26th September, 2017)
Marais Show all reviews
One of a handful of 80s powerhouse scents I can wear. Santos Concentree's dense patchouli, dark woods and strong herbs and spices lend it a deep, booming, gravelly voice which is unapologetically masculine in tone. This type of scent risks coming across as dated nowadays, for hairy-chested medallion men only. But initial impressions may deceive, as this macho man is softer on the inside;the gruff exterior conceals a tender heart, sweetened by anise and jasmine. The secret with wearing this one today is conservative dosing. I use two sprays to the chest and it projects well but doesn't suffocate. It will get noticed, however. Moreover it lasts all day. I'm not often in the mood for this type of 'Charles Bronson' scent, but when I am, nothing beats Santos Concentree!
Footnote: the sprayer is the best on any bottle I have come across.
25th January, 2013 (last edited: 20th February, 2013)

Add your review of Santos Concentrée