Sung Homme (1988)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Sung Homme

Sung Homme is a masculine fragrance by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 1988 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Sung Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Sung Homme

I have the 1.7 ounce bottle of the original/vintage purple juice that's "Made in Canada." It definitely has that clean, barbershop scent about it with more of a spicy focus than soapy. It smells good, not great; performance is good, not great; it's inexpensively priced; and it does not smell like Irish Spring soap (closer for that would be Patrick by Fragrances of Ireland). It's an easy blind buy. I'm likely not going to replace my bottle when it's empty as I already have other "barbershops" that are just better overall.
14th June, 2021
PaulC Show all reviews
Smells like Irish Spring soap. It's great.
08th March, 2021
Awesome opening, Drakkar Noir with a lot more soap. Unfortunately this deteriorates fast and begins to smell cheap and fake after just about an hour. It's what differentiates it from much better soapy devils like Patrick, and Infusion d'Homme.

If you want something super soapy and clean, but don't have more than $20 in your pocket, then this will tickle that fancy. I'd assume the vintage versions provide us with a smoother and more natural dry down, just like every single other men's fragrance in vintage form, from this era.
05th February, 2021
I bought the high praised older made in Canada bottle from the parent company Riviera Concepts with the darker purple juice.

I gave it a try and let it develop on my skin for more than 4 hours.

And this smells cheap and synthetic from topnotes to drydown.

After an hour there was a 10 minute timespan when it smelled almost o.k.

And that's it!

This is the cheapest smelling scent i have encountered in the last decade.

Yes it smells soapy, but in a very bad way.

Some describe this as a scent for a well dressed Wall Street kinda guy back in the 80's with a brick cellphone and a Armani suit.

Forget about it.

It smells like a pushy underpaid door to door salesmen in a polyester suit.

You were warned!
25th May, 2020
One of my favorites right here. Yes, similar to Irish Spring but has an amazing, clean, and soapy vibe on the dry down. Aslo, much more of a winter scent for me, has hints of Christmas spice in it.
29th January, 2020
Sung Homme has become my go to work fragrance. For my workplace, I want to wear something that smells good and clean and I don't want it to super obvious that I'm wearing a fragrance. What I want at work is for people to think I smell freshly showered, pleasant and inoffensive. Sung Homme checks off all of those boxes. To my nose it is smells an uncanny amount like a bar of Irish Spring soap.

I get great performance out of this. I apply 3 sprays in the morning (1 to each side of the neck and 1 on the shirt) and I still get wafts of this when I'm headed home from work 10 hours later.

I can't see myself wearing this as a date night or pub night fragrance, but I have others for those occasions. I paid $16 Canadian for a 100mL bottle of this and couldn't be happier.

If you haven't tried it and want a soapy, clean, cheap fragrance for work or other casual settings absolutely pick up a bottle of this underrated cheapie.
02nd July, 2019