Sung Homme (1988)

PackagingPierre Dinand
Parent CompanyRevlon Inc > Elizabeth Arden Inc
Parent Company at launchRiviera Concepts

About Sung Homme

Sung Homme is a masculine fragrance by Alfred Sung. The scent was launched in 1988 and the bottle was designed by Pierre Dinand

Sung Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Sung Homme

I bought the high praised older made in Canada bottle from the parent company Riviera Concepts with the darker purple juice.

I gave it a try and let it develop on my skin for more than 4 hours.

And this smells cheap and synthetic from topnotes to drydown.

After an hour there was a 10 minute timespan when it smelled almost o.k.

And that's it!

This is the cheapest smelling scent i have encountered in the last decade.

Yes it smells soapy, but in a very bad way.

Some describe this as a scent for a well dressed Wall Street kinda guy back in the 80's with a brick cellphone and a Armani suit.

Forget about it.

It smells like a pushy underpaid door to door salesmen in a polyester suit.

You were warned!
25th May, 2020
One of my favorites right here. Yes, similar to Irish Spring but has an amazing, clean, and soapy vibe on the dry down. Aslo, much more of a winter scent for me, has hints of Christmas spice in it.
29th January, 2020
Sung Homme has become my go to work fragrance. For my workplace, I want to wear something that smells good and clean and I don't want it to super obvious that I'm wearing a fragrance. What I want at work is for people to think I smell freshly showered, pleasant and inoffensive. Sung Homme checks off all of those boxes. To my nose it is smells an uncanny amount like a bar of Irish Spring soap.

I get great performance out of this. I apply 3 sprays in the morning (1 to each side of the neck and 1 on the shirt) and I still get wafts of this when I'm headed home from work 10 hours later.

I can't see myself wearing this as a date night or pub night fragrance, but I have others for those occasions. I paid $16 Canadian for a 100mL bottle of this and couldn't be happier.

If you haven't tried it and want a soapy, clean, cheap fragrance for work or other casual settings absolutely pick up a bottle of this underrated cheapie.
02nd July, 2019
Sung Homme is a classic. I like the clean soapiness which balances out the oakmoss nicely. It is affordable but never comes off as cheap smelling. Nice bottle also.Good sillage and decent longevity. Probably not for the younger set.
15th May, 2019
Sung Homme is one of those "simple pleasure" scents. It's basically pure unadulterated soapiness, true to its reputation, and as far as I'm concerned, more power to it.

It's an honest, refreshing, pleasant scent. It smells a little harsh up close, but creates a nice clean, classy sillage aura that's hard not to like. Smelling Sung Homme's soapy bubble simply makes me feel happy and good, and ultimately, that's what matters. I'll wear it often. Technically it's an amplified green, herbal, aromatic fougere, but the notes are rather beside the point here. It smells like soap.

If you're looking for pure soapy scent, this should be on your list. If nothing else, it shows how far $10 can go. Love the bottle and the purple liquid.
07th November, 2018
Started off with a thumbs up. Changed my mind to a neutral. Now it's thumbs down!! Sorry Alfred.

The soap kills it for me. Just too soapy. Underneath all those bubbles there is a decent fragrance.
03rd July, 2018 (last edited: 05th November, 2018)

Add your review of Sung Homme