The Dreamer (1996)

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About The Dreamer

The Dreamer is a masculine fragrance by Versace. The scent was launched in 1996 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Pierre Béthouart

The Dreamer fragrance notes

Reviews of The Dreamer

Nice bottle. The predominant Iris made this a bit feminine to my nose. Then mix the iris with the tobacco and it became very cloying. I wanted this to work but it just didn't with my chemistry. Still a neutral as I can understand this will work well for others especially if you like floral and tobacco notes.
31st August, 2021
horrible stuff. ghastly - and you can't get it off. I changed shirts twice, washed my chest 3 times (once with dawn dish soap), and finally showered with hand soap containing rock salt. and I can still smell it. I've read the scent pyramid and I still can't tell you what I'm smelling, only that it's overwhelmingly sweet and hits my migraine spot dead on
21st August, 2021
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening blast is characterised by a fresh blast - juniper with whiffs of bergamot initially, which is complimented by an impression of lilies soon after the start. a slightly powdery green iris note, which is on the darker side on me. It is not very boozy in character. I find the juniper a bit underwhelming, with a lily and the iris being a bit on the bland side, but a bit more convincing overall.

in the base a soft note of fresh, slightly ambery and sweetly fruit-vanilla flavoured pipe tobacco, with a touch of tarragon

I get moderate sillage, excellent projection, and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

This is a pleasant, soft and sweet scent for spring evenings, which is quite simple, but works out quite well in the combination of notes. A bit generic at times, but performing solidly. 2.75/5
31st May, 2021
apsyhn Show all reviews
I got this one in 1998 or so to break my Acqua di Gio habit. I was sick of it.

For 15 years, this was my go-to special occasion fragrance. I love it. I'll always have a bottle. It's easily the fragrance I have been wearing the longest that I still wear on occasion.

I wish I were better with my notes so I could say more than "it smells good, with a tobacco/amber close."

As I've even seen it in drugstores, it's easily found at a good price point. It's not exactly a great beginner fragrance but it is close.
01st December, 2020
ad_scott Show all reviews
The Dreamer is a good fragrance, however nowadays I find it too sweet and sometimes cloying. A decent performer in projection and longevity. The scent takes me back to the nightclubs in the late 1990s; the smell of The Dreamer would be present in the atmosphere inside the club. I will wear this fragrance rarely as I do like it but it's too 1996-1999 nightclub vibe and I don't think that kind of scent works today. I'd say The Dreamer is for the collector who will spritz it occasionally to reminisce the old days.
19th January, 2020
Get a citrusy-lemony impression for about the first minute...for the rest of the ride , its pretty much a bouquet of flowers and " green " tobacco leaves...does strike me as D & G Pour Hommes kid brother...Looking up to big brother and trying to be like him...still , a pleasant all purpose fragrance...but nothing to get really excited about , hence , my only reason that made this a neutral...
20th October, 2019