The Dreamer (1996)

SupplierFirmenich
Parent CompanyEuroitalia
Parent Company at launchGiver Profumi

About The Dreamer

The Dreamer is a masculine fragrance by Versace. The scent was launched in 1996 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Pierre Béthouart

The Dreamer fragrance notes

Reviews of The Dreamer

ad_scott Show all reviews
The Dreamer is a good fragrance, however nowadays I find it too sweet and sometimes cloying. A decent performer in projection and longevity. The scent takes me back to the nightclubs in the late 1990s; the smell of The Dreamer would be present in the atmosphere inside the club. I will wear this fragrance rarely as I do like it but it's too 1996-1999 nightclub vibe and I don't think that kind of scent works today. I'd say The Dreamer is for the collector who will spritz it occasionally to reminisce the old days.
19th January, 2020
Get a citrusy-lemony impression for about the first minute...for the rest of the ride , its pretty much a bouquet of flowers and " green " tobacco leaves...does strike me as D & G Pour Hommes kid brother...Looking up to big brother and trying to be like him...still , a pleasant all purpose fragrance...but nothing to get really excited about , hence , my only reason that made this a neutral...
20th October, 2019
The Dreamer isn't entirely my cup of tea and remains a very occasional wear for me, but it's also hard for me to deny that it's a cleverly fashioned, multifaceted fragrance that still seems unique over twenty years after its initial release.

There's that recognizable "fresh cigarette pack" accord in there, but whether that is dominant or just part of the mix will depend on where you are in its lifespan as well as the conditions in which it's worn. If worn in warmer temperatures, it's very easy for the floral sweetness to be at the forefront all the way through.

I get decent longevity on this one (seven or eight hours). It doesn't have heavy presence, but it'll let you know it's still there before becoming more of a skin scent about six hours in.
02nd May, 2019
I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised. The first minutes (if not seconds) after applying it, it smells heavenly, like an explosion of flowers and juniper. Then, the tobacco scent slowly comes to the surface. I found it overwhelming at first, but then it became more and more subtle throughout the day. After 5 hours or so, the eau de toilette smelled like a meadow of flowers with some trees in it. Overall, I think its smell would be best described as sultry and elegant. If I had to rate it I would probably give it a 6,8 out of 10.

P.S.: This is not a 'work' fragrance and also not a 'casual hanging out with friends' fragrance. This fragrance is ideal for doing creative things at home on a relaxing Sunday or for staying in bed all day with your lover. Maybe it could work too on a first date if you want to come across as mysterious and elegant.
03rd March, 2019
Versace's "The Dreamer" was released in 1996, a year before Gianni Versace's life came to a tragic end. It was a brand new release at the late Eaton's department store when I got it, and I found it was much more unique than the "Jeans" offerings by Versace.

The Dreamer was definitely not a traditional masculine fragrance and is very similar to the original Dolce & Gabanna Pour Homme. Just like the D&G they have reformulated The Dreamer since it was released and it has lost that beautiful tobacco/vanilla finish that made it so beautiful! The vintage version has a very similar bottle, if not nearly identical, but the newer versions have a more generic box with the Greek key and the vintage has a graphic of a nebula with different text.

As a younger man I received many compliments wearing this scent. I will always keep a bottle in my wardrobe because it is vintage elegant Versace at its finest - the column-shaped bottle, embossed Medusa and gold Greek key spray. After Gianni's passing this fashion house was never the same. His impact on the fashion world lives on today, more than 20 years later. I can't help but wonder if The Dreamer was one of Gianni Versace's final creations - if he had any input into its creation or even had a chance to try it before his untimely death.
10th January, 2019
i had buy it for 20 euro ,but it was better if i buyed pizza margherita.
20th June, 2018