Ungaro pour L'Homme II (1992)
by Ungaro

PerfumerFrançois Demachy
Parent CompanyFerragamo Group
Parent Company at launchWertheimer > Chanel

About Ungaro pour L'Homme II

Ungaro pour L'Homme II is a masculine fragrance by Ungaro. The scent was launched in 1992 and the fragrance was created by perfumer François Demachy

Reviews of Ungaro pour L'Homme II

bokaba Show all reviews
Ungaro II is a bright, hesperidic chypre with a powdery/musky drydown very similar to vintage Chanel Pour Monsieur EDT. Their s some civet in here that you can smell at first whiff, but it is not too pronounced with a conservative application. The civet here reminds me a genuine tincture to some extent. It smells a bit of bad breath and sweaty scalp like the real thing. I would recommend this as on par with Chanel pour Monsieur and it has better longevity.
04th October, 2020
The top is indeed very reminiscent of Jicky with the lavander,louche civet and vanilla, soon however spices and woods pulls it closer and closer toward oriental territory and away from Jicky's classic (and perhaps seminal) fougere accord and gently but surely toward woody spicy scents such as Chanel PMC, Versace l'Homme, Tiffany PM but where the civet and lavander still stay primarily showcased

Jicky plus wonderfull Cedar and spices makes for a great perfume if not particularly showy initially, it took me a few wears to realize how superlative it actually is.
05th August, 2020
Incredible

I have 2 backup bottles of the vintage it's that good...
01st November, 2018 (last edited: 04th February, 2019)
Incredibly smooth, animalic, old-style scent. If you like civet, this one is for you.
16th February, 2018
Stardate 20170927:

The second of the troika. Great fragrance. Somewhere between Chanel PMC and Jicky.
Dirty powdery floral. Quality stuff.
Has that Polge signature (you see it in Tiffany too). He may have a hand in it since Ungaro was owned by Chanel at the time of Ungaro II launch.
27th September, 2017
I bought this blind around 2010. Long discontinued, I was expecting something animalic and a “civet above the rest”. I can confirm that U2 is animalic and is a “civet about the rest”. I never understood the Guerlain Jicky connotations because I never smelled Jicky until after I received U2.

The opening is big lavender and light orange/neroli. The citrus notes get subdued by the lavender in a matter of minutes. I’m initially reminded of the lavender in Caron PuH. It’s that big and powerful but never overpowering. The civet creeps in like a cat to give U2 its claws. The civet is certainly animalic but it doesn’t ever veer too close to the wrong end of the cat, if you know what I mean. The proportion is just right.

With the civet and lavender still creeping around, vanilla comes in to lighten the load a touch. My only complaint is that the base is a bit weak and U2 doesn’t last beyond 4 hours. Maybe age has weakened the basenotes so I can give U2 some slack in this area. I would also add that U2 is very unisex and ladies who tire of Jicky may seek out U2 on the vintage market.

7.5/10