Carlo Corinto Classic (1986)
by Carlo Corinto

Carlo Corinto Classic information

Year of Launch1986

HouseCarlo Corinto

About Carlo Corinto Classic

Carlo Corinto Classic is a masculine fragrance by Carlo Corinto. The scent was launched in 1986

Carlo Corinto Classic fragrance notes

Reviews of Carlo Corinto Classic

Classic spicy-woody cologne from Carlo Corinto. The pininess has elements of Pino Sylvestre's Pino in it, but CCC departs understandably into a typical 80's powerhouse men's scent that isn't gaudy. The cardamom plays its part to inject a slightly menthol spice, mixing well with lavender licorice-like freshness. Drydown into the basenotes include a warm amber-patchouli combo plus slightly animalic but tasteful leather-musk.

CCC is rich and alive, not forebodingly dark like Monogram by Ralph Lauren nor Giorgio Beverly Hills VIP, contemporary beast scents of that same era. Old-school but totally outdated.
19th August, 2018
I think Carlo Corinto Classic is in the top 3 of my favorite fragrances of the 80's. I will warn people though- if incense laden fragrances strike you as "old man", then avoid this.

I get a traditional early 80's styled opening of white soap/lavender and carnation. This become dark and heavy of pine, oakmoss, a little patchouli, and a lot of old leather. This adds another dark twist fusing a good dose of myrrh incense and some raspberry producing an almost anise note (but sweet). I get a woody note to this but I want to say it strikes me more as sandalwood. It's hard to detect because it's dwelling in the green aspect of this fragrance.

I get 10 hours of good projection from this with just 3-4 sprays. Carlo Corinto Classic is a black and green fragrance and comes off very serious like Quorum. But I think Carlo Corinto comes off as more thought provoking through a deeper fragrance.
19th May, 2018 (last edited: 15th August, 2020)
A disappointment for me. I was told it was a "Christmas tree in a bottle". Not ever close to my nose. I'll try it again sometime, but won't go out in public in it. I'll wear it at home and see if I can find something I like about it. I'm just disappointed in this frag right now.
18th April, 2016
Oviatt Show all reviews
Much has been written about the dominant Christmas Tree note in this classic men's scent from the 80s. I definitely get a pine note--to me it is the épinette bleue/épicéa bleu note and it certainly evokes holiday greenery, but for me, it is not the lead note. Carlo Corinto starts with traditional notes of bergamot and lavender, moving on to pine and carnation with patchouli and musk underscoring the whole thing. To me, however, the dominant notes are leather, which runs throughout and a great whallup of oakmoss (I have a newer bottle and it has oakmoss--lots of oakmoss). It reminds me, in some ways, of a piney, leathery R de Capucci. Early on there is a hard candy note, also reminiscent of Christmas, but that is the only gourmand note. This is very classical in its construction; pure 80s but it is no powerhouse monster--perfectly office safe. I do not know who Carlo Corinto is/was--a designer of yesteryear who came and went? A made up brand to sell fragrance? A house so chic that it is too special for the likes of me? A French fragrance made for the Latin American market? I do not know, but I do know that Carlo Corinto Classic is a great addition to my collection, a great fall into winter scent that performs as well in warm weather as it does in the cold.
21st September, 2015
Swanky Show all reviews
I sprayed some of this (the original vintage formula) on a scent strip and got in my car. A lovely floral-spicy-patchouli scent kept beckoning from my console. Several hours later it still smelled great. I returned to the store for the bottle, the last one they had.

Sadly, I can't retain my original joy. On my skin it is way, way too demure. After about an hour I literally cannot smell it. For about 6 hours it's hiding until like a new puppy it sticks its head out a little to see what's going on.

I wish what I smelled on that strip was now on my skin because it was fantastically rich and inviting. What I get now, after the initial stage, is like a eunuchized L'Eau du Navigateur. L'EdN is a favorite of mine and I thought I had found a low-cost alternative. Instead, I have a zero-projection hologram.
28th April, 2012
Mysticman as well as shamu1 write fairly that this great 80's piney hit is not a rough and spicy traditional kind of aromatic fougere but a green-resinous  leathery chypre more similar to Basile Uomo (but less floral) or to the great Oscar de la Renta Pour Lui than to Trussardi Uomo or Azzaro Ph. In my opinion this minty-leathery smell sets in the middle between Paco Rabanne XS and the Classic Faconnable Pour Homme. The strength of the spices, lavender and citrus is not impressive, apart from the first twenty minutes when these notes take the scene to the real  protagonist of the juice, namely the resin of pine, while i smell a fluidy leathery-mossy fragrance with the distinctiveness of patchouli and some smoothness of an averagely creamy amber. The floral notes are astringent and not particularly sweet (geranium and carnation). I love each green and resinous fluid of leather, resins and herbs and this example is a very pleasant one. Unfortunately this kind of scents is no more fashionable nowadays and that is a pity.
07th October, 2011 (last edited: 15th June, 2012)

Add your review of Carlo Corinto Classic

Shop for Carlo Corinto Classic products online

Search on ebay

CARLO CORINTO by CARLO CORINTO

US • Buy it now: USD 37.70.

Member images of Carlo Corinto Classic

There are no member images of Carlo Corinto Classic yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]