White Musk (1981)

HouseBody Shop
Parent CompanyL'Oréal Group
Parent Company at launchBody Shop

About White Musk

White Musk is a shared / unisex perfume by Body Shop. The scent was launched in 1981

White Musk fragrance notes

Reviews of White Musk

I disliked this one and I blame ylang ylang, that vile stinky flower. After ylang ylang was gone it started smelling like soap, but I'm not sure if it's in a good way. Could be good for layering though.
Or it might be possible that I just dislike the washing-detergent kind of white musk, as I found CK One very similar and similarly displeasing.
14th October, 2019
This review is based on Perfume Oil concentration. When I tried the three concentration in store, the EDT and EDP turned out both to be harsh. But the PO concentration is another story.

Overall the perfume oil of White Musk doesn't change much. Upon application, it's a rich and fluffy musky scent decorated by various floral notes. The combination actually makes me think of some rice-themed fragrances. The floral notes are smooth and well blended. I could only identify the slightly smoky lily.

I wouldn't define White Musk as clean, as it has some earthy and dank characteristics while evolving, but more like a wet forest floor and far from being animalic. Towards the end, it becomes a little sweeter, as if amber and vanilla finally reveal themselves, but still remains a comforting skin scent.

The sillage of perfume oil is very close to skin, but at the same time stays solidly for almost 12 hours. It's a scent that I'd really associate with a cashmere puller due to its fluffy and comforting feeling and it will fit numerous occasions almost all year round except for hot summer days IMO. I highly recommend the perfume oil concentration for its high quality and affordable price.
10th January, 2019
Hi White Musk Lovers and Musk Lovers ! I was given a bottle of this 6 years ago and I found it nice ! reminded me of white lily musk, jovan clear musk and the like..... I have a cousin of it and sell it too ! I love the fragrance comparisons and tell my followers to always expect in a companies change of formulas its a good thing . but i try to keep mine the same for years . :)
27th April, 2018
I love this stuff; it just plain smells good. It's as unfussy and comfortable as a great old pair of jeans, but not at all out of place at work or on a casual date. Guys seem to love it, and even perfume-hating bosses generally don't bitch about it. Don't overdo it, though; one spritz is enough.
19th January, 2018
Nefret Show all reviews
At the moment it's my favorite easy-to-wear, inexpensive musk. Basically soft and warm and cozy, with a couple of spritzes to keep it in the just barely noticeable category.

07th April, 2013
Sweet basil, bland vanilla, and some cheap smelling flowers, all tied up in an Easter egg-pink musk.

Unremarkable.