Vetivert
by Hové Parfumeur

Vetivert information

HouseHové Parfumeur

About Vetivert

Vetivert is a shared / unisex perfume by Hové Parfumeur.

Vetivert fragrance notes

Reviews of Vetivert

I stumbled upon Hove's parfumerie in the French Quarter, and I'm so glad I did! What a strong, dry, intense vetiver....I wore it around the Quarter for the rest of the day, and it became a scent I associated with the city...vegetal, earthy, exotic, and prehistoric. With smell inducing such powerful sense-memory images in me, I'm sure I'll always think of New Orleans and all of its mysterious primal qualities whenever I wear this perfume. Not for the faint of heart, though, this vetiver---it verges on too powerful, but could be be prime material to combine with another, fresh-citrusy scent if one wants to soften it a bit. In any event, potent beauty in a very affordable bottle.
05th March, 2013 (last edited: 16th March, 2013)
I agree totally with JacquesD about Hove Vetiver. This is about as close as you can get to real vetiver in a scent...it's not for the meek. Where Guerlain Vetiver is the note at it's most refined, Hove's Vetiver is raw and dirty...and that's the way I like it! I have a bottle that I've had for a while that looks like it may be from the 1960's, judging from the style of the black, flared top. I think it was passed to me by someone long time ago, but I can't remember whom or when.

Anyway, I was down in New Orleans last week and made the perfumista's pilgrimage to Hove (and Bourbon French Perfumes). I left with the 6-dram sampler set, in addition to to smaller 1/2 dram samples that were thrown in by the sales lady. one of the "thrown in" samples was called "Mirage". I jsut got around to testing it this morning. I was working on the computer as it was drying down when suddenly I noticed that I kept smelling my wrist involuntarily. The most soft and hauntingly beautiful vetiver note was hung faintly in the air around me. But there was something vaguely familiar about it. Most of the morning passed before I finally realized why it smelled so good and semed so familiar: If someone had blindfolded me and put this on my wrist and asked me what it was. i would have told them it was the elusive Guerlain Djedi. So now I know that Hove carries 2 Vetiver themed scents, one raw and wild and one more refined and tame. I like them both very much. Now I can hold on a little while longer to the few drops of Djedi I've been saving since Hove's Mirage gives me the same "fix". At least I know that when I run out of Mirage I can jump on the computer and order more.

The sillage on Hove's Vetiver and the Mirage is medium. They don't exactly lay close to the skin, but nobody will smell you coming either. The longevity of both is a little on the short side. On me they both last about 3 hours before I have to reapply.

I strongly suggest both for anybody who loves vetiver scents.
05th March, 2012
A very dry, earthy, and almost harsh vetiver fragrance, with none of the smoothless or roundness one associates with other vetiver-dominant scents like Guerlain Vetiver or even more "edgy" takes on the note like Encre Noire. This about as close as you can come to smelling a freshly-dug vetiver root without actually digging one up and rubbing it all over you yourself. Not recommended for those who aren't fans of "dirty", earthy fragrances - but if, like me, you can't get enough of vetiver in its natural, unadorned state, look no further.

The fact that it's inexpensive and has better than average longevity and sillage is also a plus. And if you can manage to make it to Hove's charming shop on Royal Street in New Orleans' French Quarter to pick up a bottle, you'll probably enjoy this even more.
18th February, 2011
Although Hove has a number of mixed scents, they also have a fair number of simple one note scents. Their Vetiver is one of these - dry, acrid, very green, almost harsh. This is as pure vetiver as you can get, and so a small amount will suffice. This is one to layer with other notes. Luckily, you can buy samples from them so you can decide for yourself. Personally, when I have used Hove, I have also purchased their Verveine and combined the two - the lemony herbal scent tones down the harsh Vetiver - in fact, I don't know why no one has come up with a Vetiver/Verveine scent. They complement each other beautifully.

11th December, 2007 (last edited: 22nd May, 2019)

Add your review of Vetivert

Shop for Vetivert products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Vetivert

There are no member images of Vetivert yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]