Royal Prastara (1682)

Royal Prastara information

Year of Launch1682

HouseDouglas Hopkins

About Royal Prastara

Royal Prastara is a masculine fragrance by Douglas Hopkins. The scent was launched in 1682

Reviews of Royal Prastara

Very similar to Caswell-Massey's Number six, i.e. very prerevolutionary scent, after 10 minutes I smell even some leather, reminding me of Creed: I do not agree that this is another Koelnisch Wasser, not at all, the citrus notes dominate; but finally, I'm a bit disappointed, compared to Piver or the strongly modernized Le Vainqueur by RancÚ, Prastara has a certain old people-quality, I wouldn't wear this scent to feel attractive or festive, it has the seriousness of an accountant, not offputting, though, but certainly a bit simple. The prize is excessive considering the not very sophisticated scent you get. For collectors only, nostalgics, spinsters or bluestockings.
04th November, 2009
This fragrance has a long and a bit complicated history. "Prastara" is a men's cologne produced in Poland by Florina for a couple of decades. The licence was probably sold to Douglas Hopkins, I'm not quite sure. The fact is they look (I say look) identical, although the version made in Poland has a different cap. I can comment on the one made in Poland only. The Polish "Prastara" is basically a fragrance reminiscent of a typical Koelnisch Wasser (that is one produced in Koeln, or Cologne) with some subtle citrus overtones. Elegant and smooth. Not too long lasting, though.
27th May, 2008 (last edited: 21st April, 2011)

Add your review of Royal Prastara

Shop for Royal Prastara products online

Search on ebay

Member images of Royal Prastara

There are no member images of Royal Prastara yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]

Fragrances launched in the same year as Royal Prastara (1682)