parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon (2002)
by Comme des Garçons

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon information

Year of Launch2002

HouseComme des Garçons
PerfumerBertrand Duchaufour

About parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon is a shared / unisex perfume by Comme des Garçons. The scent was launched in 2002 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Bertrand Duchaufour

parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon fragrance notes

Reviews of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon

A parody of church incense.
26th May, 2018
Just like Lavs Unum......Its just too brutal. It's pure incense. I have come to the conclusion that I prefer my incense with some fruit/freshness.

Not for me!!
08th January, 2018
Avignon is a fairly good incense accord: It has a nice element of frankincense paired to a citric wood (presently very reminiscent of the CdG/Monocle "Hinoki" Georgywood), coming across rather high-pitched. But, I'm not entirely sure why people freak out over this: it's not a holy apparition.

In memory, I recall enjoying this more years ago, so perhaps I have changed. Today, this perfume is giving me a headache. It's linear, straightforward, and rather banal. It's not complex — it's in-your-face frankincense and wood — rather the product of too many altar boys igniting the censer. The drydown is mostly the higher-gamma Iso E Super with some remaining frankincense.

Great opening, but fades toward audience universalism.

04th July, 2017
Stardate 20170410:

Reference Frankincense. Beautiful.
10th April, 2017
Beautiful. Very woody, smoky, dark, resinous, and filled with a stunning Frankincense that takes me back to a comforting feeling of Sunday morning church with my Great Grandmother as a child. It opens up about 30 minutes into spraying it and goes close to the skin after about 4 hours. It stays pretty much linear the whole time, not a whole lot of development after the first 30 minutes. Totally gone from my skin around the 8 hour mark but still lingers ever so slightly on my clothes. Considering the fact that I don't normally leave the house until 10PM and usually get home before 6AM it lasts just long enough to do what I need it to do. This is not one for the office. It is the smell of Lutheran/Catholic Mass in a bottle. There are hints of cold and wet stone, mustiness, dust, old bible pages, & good girls who like to do bad things in church pews. Great for a night out on the town at a Goth party, funerals, Christmas Mass, Satanic Rituals, & and anytime that I am feeling extra blasphemous. So all in all, it will get moderate weekend use in cold weather. Very fitting that I bought it a few hours before a Peter Murphy show in December.
21st December, 2016
The Raising of Lazarus
Rembrandt 1630-32
29th October, 2016

Add your review of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon

Shop for parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon products online

Search on ebay

Member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon

There are no member images of parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]

Features relating to parfums*PARFUMS Series 3 Incense: Avignon