Thunderstorm (2002)

Year of Launch2002

HouseDemeter Fragrance Library
Parent CompanyFreedom Marketing Group

About Thunderstorm

Thunderstorm is a shared / unisex perfume by Demeter Fragrance Library. The scent was launched in 2002

Reviews of Thunderstorm

Something ozonic but, vaguely sweet, to start. A wet soil smell. Vague wood note, like birch. A floral note in the background. This Demeter, isn't bad at all. A tad artier than others I've tried.

It becomes more "perfumey". There is more floral, with a buzzy note like diluted benzoin, patchouli, or some other "thing". Can't put my finger on it. I'd swear I smell either vetiver or cypress, with a touch of cedar, as well. Although I don't think this represents any thunderstorm I've ever "smelled", I do enjoy this for its perfume accords. Kind of a throwback to the 1970's. Also, fairly long-lasting, for this house.
14th October, 2019
The initial blast of Thunderstorm is a strong ozone scent. Though it has a shadow of the smell before a thunderstorm, it's actually too strong to be realistic at the beginning. The scent then gradually mellows into a mixture of green grass with drops and dirts, muds dipping in water, as if the rain has already finished. This aroma of after-rain slowly fades away during about the 5-hour wear. Althought it's not a conventional perfume, I find it pretty wearable and refreshing for a hot summer day. A very interesting olfactory experience to try.
03rd January, 2019
It's truly creepy scent has grown on me, I rarely wear it, but when I am in a "mood" I enjoy it. It's sort of like nasty rain. It is like no other.
18th June, 2018
To me, this smells more like rain than their Rain scent. Watery, cool, wet plants, wet dirt, and wet cement mixing together in the air. The wet dirt is the most realistic and prominent note I get.

Decent projection.
25th March, 2018
rbaker Show all reviews
The atmosphere after rainfall or storm has inspired over the years; Après l’Ondée is maybe the most famous one.

Here the focus is on the earth and a woods after the event: earthy, green and in the shade; the ground afterwards. The atmosphere after the rain is represented by a rather synthetic-ozonic impression. After the first hour a dull chemical aftermath remains.

Of note is the lack of any floral components in this composition. The dark forest ground it is, without and friendly blossoms. This is not a sweet fragrance.

I get moderate sillage, good projection - for the first hour - and a total longevity of four hours.

A bit too synthetic overall, the first part is executed well and realistic enough to raise one’s interest. The rest is silence. 2.75/5.
20th November, 2017
Thunderstorm is spot on. It smells like the rain that falls on the ground after a warm day. It's got a good sillage and longevity, especially for a Demeter fragrance, and in this way it's cloying, by it's not sweet. A good fragrance, that is manly, but found a spot in my collection.
23rd April, 2017

Add your review of Thunderstorm

Shop for Thunderstorm products online

Shop for Thunderstorm at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Thunderstorm

There are no member images of Thunderstorm yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]