KSM (2001)

Year of Launch2001

HouseKristel Saint Martin
Parent CompanyParour

About KSM

KSM is a masculine fragrance by Kristel Saint Martin. The scent was launched in 2001

KSM fragrance notes

Reviews of KSM

drseid Show all reviews
KSM pour Homme goes on with an aromatic lavender infused relatively sweet cotton candy-like accord before gradually transitioning to its heart. As the composition enters its early heart the lavender infused cotton candy accord remains, eschewing part of its sweetness, now supported by soft cedar wood and powdery amber rising from the base. During the late dry-down the composition finally loses the sweet cotton candy accord completely as remnants of the soft cedar wood and now slightly sweet and powdery amber add in just a touch of faux non-animalic musk through the finish. Projection is good and longevity outstanding at around 15 hours on skin.

When I blind bought a bottle of KSM pour Homme I really had no idea what I would think of it. The perfume was released towards the beginning of the (then) new millennium which really didn't have many perfume offerings that distinguished themselves and there was little information available of the particular perfume in question. The published notes list while a bit outside my normal comfort range looked like there could be a hidden gem in the making, so I took a chance... I shouldn't have. No, KSM is not a *major* miss, but like most of the middling offerings that mark the very early 2000s, KSM too is very much a bland, undistinguished perfume of its day. The open, in particular, is a shoulder shrug, with its mundane, sickeningly sweet synthetic smelling cotton candy profile. The heart gets a bit better when the cedar wood is added into the mix and some of the sweetness vacates, but then it too is marred by slightly powdery amber that while never going overboard makes the whole thing just a nondescript generic blob that is so forgettable I am already erasing it from my mind as the words are written here. The primarily soft woody-amber late dry-down is the best thing the perfume has to offer, but it never separates itself from thousands of others that are similar. The bottom line is the long since discontinued $65 per 100ml on the aftermarket KSM pour Homme is another "eh" perfume from the early 2000s that has "me too" written all over, earning a middling "average" 2.5 stars out of 5 rating and an avoid recommendation. Oh well, another blind buy gone bad.
11th January, 2021
Starts with an off-putting anchovy note that is fortunately gone in about 20 minutes. What remains is very sweet in a clean, white, moisturizing cream kind of way. It's certainly not the heavy gourmand sweetness found in A*, Pi or Body Kouros, all of which I abhor. The sweetness on display here is even cleaner than that found in Rochas Man, which is more to my liking. The end result is that this is quite wearable.
06th March, 2011
PUCCA Show all reviews
I melt when my boyfriend wears this! I want to buy another bottle for him but I can't find it anywhere... :-(
20th March, 2007

Add your review of KSM

Shop for KSM products online

Search on eBay

Member images of KSM

There are no member images of KSM yet. Why not be the first?