Bogart pour Homme (2004)

PerfumerMaurice Roucel
PackagingJacques Konckier
Parent CompanyBogart Group

About Bogart pour Homme

Bogart pour Homme is a masculine fragrance by Jacques Bogart. The scent was launched in 2004 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Maurice Roucel. The bottle was designed by Jacques Konckier

Bogart pour Homme fragrance notes

Reviews of Bogart pour Homme

I blind bought this gem last Fall based on a Youtube review and I have to say it is one of my favorite scents out of my 35 bottle collection. I picked it up for under $17 and this is an absolute steal. I have to say the first blast is very synthetic and a little annoying to my nose but after 60 seconds or so it starts to emit a wonderful tobacco and slightly cherry scent even though they are not listed as notes. At the base you will get some spices, patchouli and a little bit of Tonka but I feel the pleasant tobacco stays with you all the way through. The feint cherry fades away after 5-10 minutes but is enjoyable while it lasts. This one is great for Fall, Winter, Spring and even cool summer days if not over sprayed. If you're 30 or over I think this is a no brainer but 20-30 y.o. can easily pull this off as well. Very manly but not an old man scent.
14th April, 2020 (last edited: 28th April, 2020)
I was expecting a super-sweet, bombastic cherry tobacco based on some commentary surrounding this scent, but that's not what this is. This is really a powdery fougere-gourmand that has some clear resemblance to Rochas Man, which makes sense, considering that Maurice Roucel did Rochas Man five years before working on the Bogart alongside Norbert Bijaoui. It's a bit simpler and louder than Rochas Man, but they're definitely relatives, with similar uses of lavender.

If this is an unofficial Rochas Man sequel--Rochas Man Extreme, if you will--it also serves as a Mugler Pure Havane prototype. I'm not sure there's actual tobacco here, though I do detect something like it lurking behind the patchouli-tonka. At any rate, it offers an accord very similar to the fantasy "tonkabacco" note that shows up all over the place. Bogart pour Homme is much greener than Pure Havane, with prominent lavender blending with the vanillic tonka and creating a powdery, "barbershop"-y effect. If I wasn't already familiar with Pure Havane and its imitators, I don't think I would have thought to identify this as a tobacco fragrance. It's primarily a sweet lavender scent.

I don't locate an actual "cherry" note here. The much-discussed cherry feel may be there but it's really just a result of the way the florals and the patchouli and tonka come together, and if you focus on it, it splits apart into its various components.

Altogether, a nice creation, and a good option for someone looking for something in the vein of Histoires de Parfums 1725.
09th April, 2020
This was the first fragrance I bought, thinking "those designer prices surely can't be justified", and believing the multiple good internet reviews of Jacques Bogart. My mistake (aka learning experience), and in any case not expensive. I don't like it at all: "cheap biscuity drydown", as another reviewer said. But also I've learned that I simply don't like sweet vanilla/tonka drydowns in this type of fragrance. So perhaps there are other Bogarts that I'd like. And perhaps you'd like this one, what do I know?
27th June, 2019
What a synthetic blast-it smells completely artificial to me. Like what some sort of mechanical race would consider a blend of lavender, bergamot and flavored tobacco. It's a powdery, dry tobacco. Undertones of vanilla come through as well as it begins to dry down. The initial spray was so artificial it actually churned my stomach.

Others have mentioned the longevity, but to me it was altogether average-I got 4 hours which, really, was 2 more hours than I wanted it on my skin. Projection is also average-the comments about it being a huge projection cologne don't hold true on my skin.

It's very, very cheap-both in cost and in my opinion, quality. Nothing gained and nothing lost by the purchase. Very linear, straightforward. I would have given it a neutral review, but it's so synthetic I have a hard time processing it. It nauseates me after a period of time. Pass.

24th February, 2019 (last edited: 03rd March, 2019)
This basically smells like Cherry Coke (the soft drink) to my nose, but the actual notes are predominantly tonka beans and lavender apparently. The scent is wonderful. And this is a BEAST, projecting heavily and lasting over 12 hours on my skin. And all for less than $20. It smells sophisticated and is a night-out or winter fragrance in my opinion, and leans masculine. I can't believe how much of a beast this is in terms of performance at such an inexpensive price and being an eau de toilette rather than an eau de parfum. I overlooked this in the past; it has gotten me curious about other Bogart fragrances now.

19th June, 2018
I blind bought it based on some YouTube reviews. I hate it!
It's a synthetic cherry bomb. It's very linear and one dimensional - cherry is all I can smell.

I found it quite nauseating and I'm surprised so many people like it.
15th February, 2018

Add your review of Bogart pour Homme

Shop for Bogart pour Homme products online

Shop for Bogart pour Homme at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Bogart pour Homme

There are no member images of Bogart pour Homme yet. Why not be the first?