Mūre et Musc (1978)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PackagingJean Laporte
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Mūre et Musc

Mūre et Musc is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1978 and the bottle was designed by Jean Laporte

Mūre et Musc fragrance notes

Reviews of Mūre et Musc

Medicinal odor. Stale, sour fruit. 1970's musk accord. More of a skin scent for me. Falls flat, in creativity, in my opinion.
27th November, 2018
A marginal thumbs up for this. It's a nice perfume, and L'Artisan Parfumeur keeps me interested. I like trying their fragrances multiple times to see how they'll grow on me.

This strikes me as an understated perfume. On a day when a person is on the fence about whether to even wear perfume, this could be a good option.
06th August, 2018
Mūre et Musc is a clean, sheer musk composition with no frills. There is a vague lemony aspect to the soapy musk, initially, but thereafter it is almost a single note composition. It is not fruity at all, and the usual florals found in musk compositions (for e.g. rose in Kiehl's) are absent. Sillage is very soft, while duration is about five hours on skin based on a generous application.

Mūre et Musc is so ethereal that Kiehl's Musk seems opulent in comparison. Mūre et Musc is simply too subtle for my tastes; if this formed the base of a classic masculine with more citrus and herbs, I would be all over it. However, this could be ideal for anyone looking for a very straightforward and very low key but quality musk fragrance.

A key point in its favour is that even though it's a basic white musk fragrance, it has absolutely no synthetic or laundry musk vibe.

16th May, 2018
iobhai Show all reviews
You're bathing in a stream with a bar of Ivory soap while your clothes dry out in the sun, draped over some moss-covered stones. Mure et Musc by L'Artisan Parfumeur.
25th February, 2018
A nowadays classic piece of musky fragrance conjuring me a lot a friend which used to wear this accord many years ago. A romantic yet elusive balanced combination of lemon, soft greens, blackberries and musc. Unlike the "Extreme" version I detect an herbal/hesperidic aromatic twist making the aroma fresh and versatile. A solid particular musky fougere longly emulated by diverse following unsuccessful "olfactory attempts".
10th January, 2018
Lemon opening, very sunny, there's something evocative of time in rural Italy - limoncello, sun-warmed basil and tanned, musky skin. The berries aren't hugely prominent on me and stay beneath the musky fuzz. When they show, they're a little tart and very fresh; within 30 minutes it's a very clean and soapy laundry musk.
Leans very much to the feminine and I can see why it's a bestseller - it's sparkly and musky and pretty and easy. Performance isn't great, definitely not one of L'AP's more tenacious frags.
14th March, 2017 (last edited: 20th March, 2017)

Add your review of Mūre et Musc

Shop for Mūre et Musc products online

Shop for Mūre et Musc at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Mūre et Musc

There are no member images of Mūre et Musc yet. Why not be the first?