Dzing! (1999)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Dzing!

Dzing! is a shared / unisex perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Dzing! fragrance notes

Reviews of Dzing!

I don’t care much for minimalist fragrances, but this one manages to keep things interesting. Cotton candy at the zoo.
12th June, 2020
An interesting combo... Some cedar, I believe. Hint of sweet candy. New, suede-like leather. Nearly 70's musk. The notes wax and wane. No one note seems to overpower the other. A rather gentle frag. I do enjoy the musk here. Not an overly impressive scent, for me. It's okay.

Leather, does last long, even if it never becomes intense or deep.
06th April, 2019
Folks, are we talking about the same Dzing!? I don't get a lick of civet (gross), no poop, not even a whole lot of "Circus" per se. Although I'm not gonna lie, I don't immediately know what the smell of a circus is.

But down to brass tacks--there is way more grass/hay in Mississippi Mud. And no elephant dung or gross sweat or whatever. Actually, this scent is quite pleasant, some vanilla, perhaps lavender and a touch of sweet leather.

Very tame, subtle, beautiful--so much so in fact, that it's juuust a touch too feminine for my taste. And sadly, after about two hours it is mostly gone.

But while it lasts...beautiful, surprisingly delicate, and warm.
25th March, 2019
Pleasant leather and musk. I got a hint of something ammonia like in the background, until I realized it was the saffron. Funny how some notes are easier to distinguish so obviously once you look at the pyramid. There is something a little sweet that comes out an hour or so in, but I can’t put my finger on it. Maintains the saffron “zing” from the opening. Projection was soft but acceptable, longevity was poor.
31st January, 2019
There’s a great Katie Puckrik review of this likening it to a circus and, wow - it really does smells of leather and circus animals! I don’t get much sweetness, toffee or woods - just large musky animals with a slightly fecal, stale litter-tray / sawdust twist. To me it’s less “big-top” and more like the cages out the back. It’s incredible how evocative it is (and for some reason I do keep wanting to smell it again) but it’s not a pleasant or particularly wearable fragrance.
27th January, 2019
Meet Black's little sister, Bvlgari Pink, who has a strong family resemblance, but loves sparkles and sunshine. At the circus of the theme, she enjoys candy floss, toffee apples and pony rides, but she is scared of clowns and oblivious to the sex appeal of the trapeze artists. It's the first perfume to make me giggle, and for this I applaud it.
13th August, 2018

Add your review of Dzing!

Shop for Dzing! products online

Shop for Dzing! at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Dzing!

There are no member images of Dzing! yet. Why not be the first?