Uomo (1993)

Year of Launch1993

HouseLorenzo Villoresi
PerfumerLorenzo Villoresi

About Uomo

Uomo is a masculine fragrance by Lorenzo Villoresi. The scent was launched in 1993 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Lorenzo Villoresi

Uomo fragrance notes

Reviews of Uomo

It's hard to think of an insightful analogy to express my experience of LVU, so I'll keep it straight. There are some very good notes here and others that are a little incongruous. This might have achieved a resolution with longer life on the skin, but the duration is next to nothing and so the resolution never transpires. The incongruity comes from the strong herbal notes of laurel and juniper weaving in and out of the composition in its early stages.

Apparently, the last thing Edgar Allan Poe wrote was an extremely short horror story. It's generally thought to be incomplete, but some have pointed out that it does a job in its extant form. We can't, though, know what might have come next. That's my experience here. What there is does a job, but one that is mostly to intrigue rather than satisfy.

So the general admiration here is a little strange to me. It's not all bad, though; I found my analogy in the end.
01st September, 2020
qxtc07 Show all reviews
Agree with the other reviews--the only failure here is the lack of longevity. Opens dark green (sage and juniper/conifer especially), masculine, and wild (not sure if it's the vetiver or the patchouli -- there's a nastiness). Feels like decent sillage. I like this a lot! Just wish it lasted longer.
27th August, 2020
JonB Show all reviews
The oil/olio version of Uomo is perhaps my favorite all-time fragrance. Very refreshing Italian take on cologne. Citrus, herbs, vetiver. The only negative is longevity. After only a couple of hours it's close to the skin. Wear on your clothing or on hair in order to have it last longer. Beautiful stuff; I love it, love it, love it.

The EdT version, though it has the same DNA, is not nearly as smooth, beautiful, or long lasting as the oil version. The typical Lorenzo Villoresi spiciness is on full display, and there are rough edges that are not present in the Olio version. The petitgrain comes through a bit crude in this version, and the spices are more evident. This is still very likeable for fans of spice, but it's not the beauty that is the oil. It projects (modestly) for only about an hour, and afterwards exists as a skin scent for a few hours. Spray on fabric or hair to extend it's life.
15th November, 2018 (last edited: 17th November, 2018)
Newton by William Blake
13th March, 2018
If this lasted more than 60 minutes on my skin then it would most probably be in my top 10. Citrus lemon clean Italian vibe throughout. If you like this one but are fed up with longevity problems. Check out Phaedons Black Vetiver. Smells really similar except it lasts 12+ on my skin!
24th November, 2017
Petitgrain...a boatload of petitgrain in the opening of Uomo, at least to my nose. This is a very nice barbershop scent. The citrus opening which mostly smells of petitgrain to me is nice, and then the green starts to come out. This is obviously well made. The only problem I have with it is it's brevity. It just doesn't last very well, about 2.5 hours on me. But, the smell is top notch. Uomo by Villoresi is what Concentrae d Orange Vert wanted to be in it's little B.O. heart when it grew up. They are very similar from the citrus green standpoint, but where CDOV smells just like body odor to me, Uomo shines like a sparkling citrus grove with just the right blend of other green notes fused into it's composition. I also smell some similarities to Acqua Di Parma Colonia Essenza from the soapy barbershopy vibe that comes through at the end of Uomo's far too short life. He burned bright, but he burned out quickly...that sums up the enjoyable briefness of Uomo.
13th August, 2017

Add your review of Uomo

Shop for Uomo products online

Shop for Uomo at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Uomo

There are no member images of Uomo yet. Why not be the first?