Un Jardin en Méditerranée (2003)
by Hermès

Un Jardin en Méditerranée information

Year of Launch2003

HouseHermès
PerfumerJean-Claude Ellena

About Un Jardin en Méditerranée

Un Jardin en Méditerranée is a shared / unisex perfume by Hermès. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Jean-Claude Ellena

Un Jardin en Méditerranée fragrance notes

Reviews of Un Jardin en Méditerranée

There is a variety of fig called Brown Turkey, and that's what this reminds me of.

A dark, suprisingly sombre creation, this is more a still life than a sunlit garden.

Méditerranée was the first and heaviest of the gardens, and the fact that it wasn't included in a box set suggests Hermès don't think it's one of the best.

I find it gets cloying with a bitter syrupy fruitiness.

Carded vapo sample
10th August, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is dominated by the fig theme: the leaves, the wood, and a good dose of the fruit. A green-fruity aroma is the result. An underlying layer of bergamot guarantees cheery brightness, which is of an airy elegance. The fig is less direct as in Acqua di Parma’s Fico di Amalfi, and a touch lighter than in Diptyque’s Philosykos.

The drydown the further development of the fig by adding sweetness, and white florals are add in too, mainly consisting of a pleasant oleander note with a transient whiff of orange blossom too. A slight earthiness is present towards the end, but I don’t get a separate base as such here.

The sillage is soft, the projection good, and the longevity is about seven hours.

This is a very nice spring scent as well as a good rendering of a creation centering around the fig tree as a whole. At times it is a bit too light and bordering and paleness, which prevents it from developing a more enticing character, but overall it is a charming creation. 3/5.
25th July, 2020
When Un Jardin en Méditerranée hit the skin, I immediately thought of pine, like what I had encountered in Annick Goutal's Ninféo Mio, which seems to be the fig leaf note that tricked me. I don't get much citrus. It's not aquatic to me, either. It has woodsy and aromatic caracters to my nose, green without sharpness. After about 3 or 4 hours, some creamy fig sweetness surfaces, but never overpowers the woods and aromatic plants. I also get a whiff of rich creamy pistachio at some moments, but it's very subtle.

The sillage is close, but it stays solidly on my skin for about 6 hours, which is really not bad for an EDT in such a hot summer day. While Ninféo Mio has a similar theme but has a lot of other stuff going on, Un Jardin en Méditerranée remains firmly to the fig tree theme and clean. A sort of pick-me-up fragrance, but with excellent quality and interesting caracters.
08th January, 2019
I won’t say I dislike it, but it’s only a bitter fig fragrance with an eau de cologne base. Not much. Performances are right.
31st May, 2018
Richest of Jardins,
Circle sea's fragrant bounty
Beyond its own dreams.
22nd December, 2017
My second favorite of the Jardin line.

It smells of figs and foliage, which immediately conjures up a vision of a Mediterranean garden baking in the afternoon sun. There's a bit of peppery bitterness that's very pleasant against the sweetness of the fig. I don't get much citrus.

The main issue I have with this fragrance is that it doesn't last on my skin, which is a problem I have with all the Jardins. I would, therefore, prefer Philosykos if I wanted a figs-in-a-garden type scent because it has a similar effect on me and it lasts much longer.

*edit: I changed my mind, drastically! I now actually like this scent better than Philosykos, because the greenness is much more pronounces in the Hermes offering, and the fig is not as milky/creamy, which suits me better. Weirdly enough, the more I keep trying it the longer it seems to last too, so good news all around.
17th June, 2017 (last edited: 21st August, 2017)

Add your review of Un Jardin en Méditerranée

Shop for Un Jardin en Méditerranée products online

Shop for Un Jardin en Méditerranée at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Un Jardin en Méditerranée

There are no member images of Un Jardin en Méditerranée yet. Why not be the first?