The One for Men (2008)

HouseDolce & Gabbana
PerfumerOlivier Polge
Parent Company at launchProcter & Gamble > P&G Prestige Beaute

About The One for Men

The One for Men is a masculine fragrance by Dolce & Gabbana. The scent was launched in 2008 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivier Polge

The One for Men fragrance notes

Reviews of The One for Men

I like some aspects of this popular fragrance; namely the blend of invigorating, enticing, oriental spiciness; but ultimately, I found it too cloyingly sweet for my middle-aged tastes, so it just wasn't "the One" for me.
30th April, 2020
This is my favourite scent in any perfume I’ve smelt, the performance is terrible, but the actual scent of this is to die for in my opinion. The EDP is slightly better but performance is still not great.
27th March, 2020
Slightly sweet, orange peel, wood. An underlying freshness from the greens.

Faint ambergris, faint tobacco... at times they are totally absent even. More of it would have helped. If then it was also less sweet and orangy, it might have even been a Tabac 2.0 because the basil and coriander are so interesting. As is, it's inoffensive and okay but forgettable.
14th December, 2019
If you sample the wares of a fragrance counter of a mid-tier American department store, The One seems like a model of good taste. It's elegantly blended, but its versatility comes at the cost of personality; The One offers a vague impression of sophistication and richness, but it's not one that lingers in the mind.
22nd August, 2019
The One Men - Dolce & Gabanna
Good stuff. Interesting vetiver-soap and chocolate impression with lively herbal and bitter-anisic undertones. Helds up its slight herbal-camphorous tonality towards the dryout but loses some of its rich- and thickness. Dryout is rather cool, in a good way, with a dry woody, sweet tobacco and a salty radiance. Made on a tight buget I pressume, but still manages to stay fascinating till the end. Cohesive, not too strong and keeps up a lively, natural fraicheur. Good work.
10th July, 2019
Love this scent with cardamon & ambergris. However, I find the projection, longevity, and sillage lacking.
12th November, 2018