Les Nuits d'Hadrien (2003)
by Annick Goutal

PerfumerIsabelle Doyen
Parent CompanyAmore Pacific
Parent Company at launchTaittinger > Louvre Groupe

About Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Les Nuits d'Hadrien is a shared / unisex perfume by Annick Goutal. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumers Isabelle Doyen and Camille Goutal

Reviews of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

On me, this smells like a standard citrus Eau, but with extra herbs and greens. I don't smell 80% of the listed notes - mostly just citrus and basil.

I always enjoy a nice old-fashioned Eau like this, so I'm voting thumbs up, but I can't help but feel that this is a little bit unremarkable.
11th June, 2021
Sweet patchouli flanker of Eau d'Hadrien. Clever. Not sure it works though.

***

Cardless vial, part used
24th June, 2020
rbaker Show all reviews
The opening is mostly a bergamot blast, with lots of mandarins and a bit of lemon, but it is less fresh than this citrus bash would make one expect: this is more a dark-ish nocturnal (the name!) glowing and smoldering citrus opening - reminding me a bit of Versace’ Versus.

Soon a sandal tone develops, but at times it is not a very specific sandalwood. A sweeter development sets in, with touches of juniper and whiffs of redcurrant present at times. This combines with a light ylang-ylang that is in the brighter sind’s and lacks any creamy characteristics.

The next important step is a turn into a spicier direction, which is almost singlehandedly achieved by a powerful cumin note. Reaching the base, a soft and ambery patchouli stays more in the background, as does an gentle tonka that is equally unobtrusive. What does not remain in the background is a strong lashing of white musks, which rises to become the dominant component towards the end.

I get moderate sillage, adequate projection and eight hours of longevity on my skin.

A scent for cooler summer days or evenings and somewhat different for Eau d’Hadrian, it is not exactly a fount of originality, and it is crafted skillfully. The base is a bit too generic, but there is a lot of development longitudinally. Overall still quite a good composition. 3.25/5.
21st November, 2019
Old-school, mature scent with a creamy lemon opening. Leans feminine to me.

I get good longevity but below average projection.
10th October, 2018
As with the original Eau d'Hadrien, 22 years earlier than Nuits, this is a citrus based on orange and tangerine, with lemon supporting. This is for me an equally well done "evening" version, with sweet support from amber and musk, and grounding with patchouli and cumin. The other notes listed do not reach my nose.

The original Eau has been one of my five favorite citrus scents for many years now. The Nuits joins it as a darker, quieter version. Very well done.

Turin calls it "orange fennel" (reminded of a salad he constructs) and gives it only three stars. I would say it deserves at least four.
04th December, 2016
I have tried the EdT in what is supposedly the feminine bottle. I tried it twice, the first time applying 3 sprays. I found it interesting enough to give it another go. The second time I sprayed 5 times! My verdict is this: fantastic opening with citrus, florals and herbs with an exciting accord. This phase of excellence lasts maybe 20 to 30 minutes. Then the fragrance although still enchanting just dies a fast death. The silage is pathetic after the 30 first minutes and after an hour is almost non existent; it becomes a skin scent that first it is enveloping but soon it becomes very quite. This skin scent phase lasts at best 4-5 hours (with the 5 sprays). For such an interesting fragrance to have so poor performance it makes it even more disappointing. Pity!
30th June, 2014

Add your review of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

Shop for Les Nuits d'Hadrien products online

Shop for Les Nuits d'Hadrien at online perfumeries

Search on ebay

Member images of Les Nuits d'Hadrien

There are no member images of Les Nuits d'Hadrien yet. [Image Uploads Currently Unavailable]