Le Baiser du Dragon (2003)
by Cartier

Le Baiser du Dragon information

Year of Launch2003
AvailabilityDiscontinued

HouseCartier
PerfumerAlberto Morillas

About Le Baiser du Dragon

Le Baiser du Dragon is a feminine perfume by Cartier. The scent was launched in 2003 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Alberto Morillas

Le Baiser du Dragon fragrance notes

Reviews of Le Baiser du Dragon

The EDP is an woody oriental. It is not as dark or spicy as I think of when I think of oriental. But this is a great oriental for warmer weather. It has a very unique scent. I can for sure detect both the vetiver and the almond. It is a complex scent that is warm without being overly dark, mysterious or spicy.
22nd July, 2020
Originally released in 2003, Le Baiser du Dragon was a nod back to the luxurious feminine fragrances of decades before the "fresh" 90s. There's a touch of Shalimar in the base here, with a fairly straightforward blend of orange citrus, fresh gardenia, woody almond laid on top.

It's boozy and rich and and pleasant, with the prominent florals keeping things feeling clean and non-foody. The gardenia-almond accord holds my attention and keeps from dismissing this as an also-ran, but I can't help but feel that this sort of opulent style has been done with more finesse before and since.
14th June, 2020 (last edited: 15th June, 2020)
awesome exotic Oriental...opening makes me think of Opium Homme with a huge blast of Amaretto...smoky/incensey flavor...very nice projection on me...goes through a lot of nice subtle changes throughout it's life and keeps things interesting...get an occasional whiff that brings to mind Jaipur like a couple of others have mentioned...has a green quality to it...a sheer rose that is barely there , but adds just the right touch...a little woodiness...for me, it dries down to a very moist feeling smoky vetiver with just a dab of patchy resin/amber...great stuff all around...totally genderless in my book and I love wearing it...
19th February, 2019
The EDT.
Opening is rather heady, boozy. My first feeling was Hot Buttered Rum. As the bite of that fades, an almond butter, lightly mixed with sugared and Ambered Benzoin adds rich base.
A Vetiver Patch Tea counters the sugars with its tannin.
All the while the Neroli provides a very pleasant slightly Citric acid to draw my sensors to an Antique Dried Rose. Cedar seems a backdrop until the end and forms a pleasant, vaguely woody dry down with Amaretto finish. Thankfully done with the absence of Tonka. Perhaps this was designed for the girls, however it scents beautifully to my masculine skin. Careful with the dosing though as Galaxolide or whatever musk is used can induce a cough.
I expect that the EDP, may just be a teensy bit rich for me too wear, however this EDT is quietly blended as a unisex and carries a vaguely Aristocratic Accord. Interesting name, however, its connection to the scent seems far cerebral and counter to most common visioning.
07th March, 2018 (last edited: 14th March, 2018)
Since the notes listed are so intriguing to me, I got myself a sample of EDP to give a try. However, there's no spray. I had to dab. Thus, it may affect certain aspects.

The opening is indeed a dragon's kiss, fierce and burning. I get a lot of Amaretto and almond. Plus the volatile components, I instantly become a sort of drunk. The gardenia and the neroli are barely detectable unless in a small whiff.

While the scent starts to dry down, the vetiver takes the leading role. And the fragrance smells woody and very very dry, like what's left after drinking a strong liqueur. At this stage, it's very masculine.

Then it continues to evolve. After about 2 hours, chocolate and caramel lead the scent to a more feminine direction. It becomes creamy. I can imagine the dragon finally calms down. The sweet notes are not overpowering, but soften the whole scent. At this point, it's more like a skin scent. However, I can still get a whiff of the yummy scent frome time to time. The longevity is at least 8h+ and the sillage is huge at the beginning but becomes very close once dries down.

It's a sophiscated fragrance with complete different stages. It can be fierce or tender. A marvellous statement accessory for an autumn or winter night.

Originally written in 2013.
28th December, 2017 (last edited: 27th December, 2017)
A very unique fragrance. Dragon...Oriental and green. The Vetiver and the Iris make this green, the amaretto and benzoin make it spicy. This is semi-formal, well balanced, and unique. A tiny bit sweet, but not gourmand. Great fragrance!
15th September, 2017