Ambre 114 (2001)

Ambre 114 information

Year of Launch2001

HouseHistoires de Parfums

About Ambre 114

Ambre 114 is a shared / unisex perfume by Histoires de Parfums. The scent was launched in 2001

Ambre 114 fragrance notes

Reviews of Ambre 114

Ambre 114 is often named as a reference or benchmark amber. I found it thin and odd, but more plastic and old lace than powdery as other red badges have noted. Thumbs down is not an indictment nor is it meant to dissuade others from trying Ambre 114. Merely, interested parties should not consider this a safe blind buy despite its reputation as a well-received reference amber. No real cautionary tale here except sample first and check discounters for availability in the $80-$90 range. Review from a purchased sample.
16th December, 2020
I normally like amber-based scent, but this one just wore "wrong" on me. it smelled fine on the the tester. Then the skin test:
The initial odd combination of thyme and nutmeg, (never/rarely used combo in food) replaced by the mid-tone scents which is where the real annoyance began.
Then I re-read:there are some sandalwoods and more often common musks which just do not work with my chemistry, and patchouli is not a scent I generally like. I tend to think it was the musk, but washed it off after three hours of trying to ignore the smell.
26th October, 2020
Maybe this one just doesn't work on my skin, but whatever it is, I find it really unimpressive. The opening comes off as a pretty unpleasant mix of baby powder and sharp plastic. I really don't know what's causing it. I've tried other ambers which don't do that. I typically associate a baby powder smell with heliotrope, but that's not present here. Things start to blend and calm within an hour, it remains quite a bit powdery throughout, but less so than the opening. Overall, just not what I want out of an amber.
28th February, 2020
creamy smooth amber...amber takes center stage and everyone else just plays a supporting role...currently , one of my favorite amber fragrances...doesn't really get a powdery effect like some amber fragrances tend to do...nice touch of spiciness...nice vanilla without really getting too sweet...a little muskiness to add overall body to the fragrance...and patchouli...love patchouli and think it goes especially nice when riding in tandem with amber...feels warm and cozy...full bottle worthy to my nose...the flower and wood are pretty discreet to me....
15th April, 2019
A nice amber with a spicy top and excellent performance. A really comforting scent to have with you at the end of the day. It really rewards testing on the skin, where the promised 114 ingredients can be noted (well, some of them at least), as opposed to on paper, where it just smells like amber. Certainly among the best of the HdP samples I have tested recently.
26th September, 2018
Marginal thumbs up for this. It's a fairly complex amber, at least in the top. I think the main thing I smell is benzoin, which is a typical main ingredient in perfumes marketed as amber, if I have that right. The tonka also smells strong, which I like. It gives it a powdery, nutty, cola flavor. I'm getting flashes of foods: a root beer float, boiled hot dogs.

This strikes me more as something to enjoy at home than something to wear going out. I get an association in the top with babies and even baby diapers - warm, clean diapers, like when you check if the baby is still dry and he or she is; the warm, sweet baby skin.

As it develops, it becomes less complex and more of a plain benzoin (sweet, ambery) fragrance.
30th May, 2018

Add your review of Ambre 114

Shop for Ambre 114 products online

Shop for Ambre 114 at online perfumeries

Search on eBay

Member images of Ambre 114

There are no member images of Ambre 114 yet. Why not be the first?