Fleur de Carotte (2000)

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerOlivia Giacobetti
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About Fleur de Carotte

Fleur de Carotte is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 2000 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Olivia Giacobetti

Fleur de Carotte fragrance notes

Reviews of Fleur de Carotte

rbaker Show all reviews
Initially I get more of a lettuce impression, which is rather convincing. Soon the carrot sets in; a slightly sweet carrot with a green earthiness. Lovely.

Then a cucumber is developing, which is a bit in the background but nonetheless noteworthy as it is done well. There is a salad dressing added too, a tarragon that is more in the restrained side. A fruity note - apricot and whiffs of pear - comes and goes.

The finish adds ginger to the mix. It is not a strong and vivid ginger as I get in, for instance, Creed’s Tabarome Millesime, but gentle, albeit nonetheless bright, ginger.

I get moderate sillage, very good projection and seven hours of longevity on my skin.

And original summer scent, the olfactory depiction of a salad, with a nice carrot impression. Whilst not superb in the quality of the ingredients, it is crafted solidly with some original twists. Overall 3.25/5

21st June, 2020
Fleur de Carotte goes on as a pleasantly natural-smelling lemony eau de Cologne, then morphs into a very pale green fruity floral arrangement backed up by a sweet, rooty “carrot” accord. It’s cheerful, undemanding, and pretty. It’s also so pallid that it’s hard to smell after half an hour, no matter how much you dump on. If you enjoy the experience of applying a fragrance but don’t actually want to smell it, Fleur de Carotte is for you.
14th June, 2014
This one is too incongruous for me. I love natural orris root butter, which smells like carrots. It goes well with green notes and florals, but not fruits. In this perfume, there is a strong apricot/osmanthus note. The rootiness of the carrot is musty, and the fruitiness of the apricot is fresh and sweet, so it gets pulled in two opposing directions: musty and sweet, which displeases me. Yes it is a unique scent, but I prefer the iris in Serge Lutens Iris Silver Mist, The Different Company Bois de Iris, or even Chanel No. 19 or 28 La Pausa.
21st October, 2008
I love this so much I splash it all over the bed when I've changed the sheets. Luckily the bottle I bought was a whopper so there's plenty to go round. Smells as sweet as a freshly-pulled carrot. Absolutely, hands down, the best summer perfume ever.
29th September, 2008
Quarry Show all reviews
This is one frag whose name excited me when I first read it. I love that sparkling, wet scent of a freshly scraped sweet carrot--it reminds me of the scent of modern roses, and I suspect L'Artisan figured that if irises/iris roots work in perfumery, why not its cousin the carrot? Reviews I read said this carrot, however, was more boiled than fresh, and, sadly, I suppose that's so. Still, it's not a bad scent, and then again, I don't blame L'Artisan for discontinuing it. I think L'Artisan needed to confer with Christopher Brosius (of Demeter and CB I Hate Perfume fame) to tweak this formulation.
This is a weak scent on my skin, so it takes a good wetting down to create sillage. This could be a darling first scent for a very young person -- well, maybe not at this price.
07th June, 2007
Since I normally don't like light, fresh vegetable/herbal scents (I especially loathe cucumber and mint) I shouldn't like this. I do, however, mostly because I get an interesting earth note from it. A vegetable garden after the rain. Pity I don't get any carrot, that would be really interesting in a perfume...
26th February, 2007

Add your review of Fleur de Carotte

Shop for Fleur de Carotte products online

Member images of Fleur de Carotte

There are no member images of Fleur de Carotte yet. Why not be the first?