La Chasse aux Papillons (1999)
by L'Artisan Parfumeur

La Chasse aux Papillons information

Year of Launch1999

HouseL'Artisan Parfumeur
PerfumerAnne Flipo
Parent CompanyPuig Beauty & Fashion Group

About La Chasse aux Papillons

La Chasse aux Papillons is a feminine perfume by L'Artisan Parfumeur. The scent was launched in 1999 and the fragrance was created by perfumer Anne Flipo

La Chasse aux Papillons fragrance notes

Reviews of La Chasse aux Papillons

The first wave of La Chasse aux Papillons smelled like Desitin. I was surprised that anyone would make a perfume that so closely resembles a diaper cream.

After ten minutes it unwrapped and the medicinal quality dissipated somewhat. Orange blossoms became more prominent and blended with the tuberose to make it softer and creamier. Tuberose fans will certainly want to give this a try.

Excellent sillage. This is well-made and it lasts for about four to six hours on my skin. It's too strong for work unless used with a very light touch. I enjoyed wearing La Chasse but I can't quite shake the Desitin impression, so when I run out of this bottle I probably won't buy it again.
16th March, 2021
A soft focus garden in the style of Renoir.

09th August, 2020 (last edited: 20th September, 2020)
Excellent uplifting floral. Definitely get a bit of the waxy lily, a bit of the peony, although not in the definite notes, and hits of bright bright green. Like wandering through a very airy garden with honeysuckle bushes, fresh and sweet. Moderate longevity and I can see why it's a bestseller for L'Artisan Parfumeur.
27th March, 2019
Gorgeous floral blossom scent for women. Definitely one of the best feminine fragrances I've smelled. So many are awful but this one is sexy, fresh, and bright. The tuberose gives that outdoors, hiking in spring quality. The neroli is offset with linden so it comes off as fresh floral. I can't get away with wearing it without getting male attention, but it definitely would turn my head if a woman was wearing it. A woman of any age can pull it off. Great!
08th January, 2019
When the summer temperatures are 95+ degrees, with about the same level of humidity, La Chasse aux Papillons is a scent that's safe to grab, spray, and head out the door without concern of overdoing it. This is superb sticky-hot weather juice.
12th August, 2018
This is a lovely, delicate entryway white floral; the perfect gateway drug for someone like me who had a Big White Floral scare early on in their fragrance career. FYI: I've gotten over my white floral phobia fast, and am now completely ok with the original offender; Carnal Flower.

Back to La Chasse aux Papillons: It is the tenderest tuberose paired with perfectly pitched orange blossom (not too sweet, not too soapy); dewy, fresh and airy without ever being pedestrian or overly clean. I have a linden plant at home, and although I don't think its blossoms smell like much (maybe linden tree blossom has more of a smell?) but this fragrance does remind me of those beautiful linden leaves, which have the most delicate, translucent yet bright spring-green hue.

Wearing this makes me very happy today.
14th April, 2018